Data Architect I
Data Architect I
GL 9 (for internal purpose only) The Location:
Charlottesville, VA or Richmond, VA (virtual to start) The Team:
Our Data Architecture team specifies data structures based on the concepts, relationships, taxonomies or classifications that reflect reality. Every day you will work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, disciplines and geographies, and diverse data sets and metadata-driven capabilities. The Impact:
As a Data Architect you will have the ability to utilize your technical knowledge and skills to help craft the data structures for new and extant products and services. What's in it for you:
• This position provides a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
• We provide considerable training so you can become comfortable with our proprietary information systems.
• You will collaborate with Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Content Analyst and DBAs to design solutions based on industry standard methodologies, and use your critical thinking skills to overcome challenges. Responsibilities:
• Specify appropriate data structures for various software development projects. Manage metadata in the Data Management System (DMS), the enterprise's metadata repository.
• Coordinate with data platform team on the implementation of data structures.
• Assist with database-level performance analysis and troubleshooting.
• Deliver training, technical support, and functional support.
• Ensure database design and metadata conforms to data management and enterprise standards.
• Ensure uniform implementation across platforms and applications.
• Remain current in software-development and database technology through self-study, programming books, online journals, newsgroups, trade magazines and offsite training. What We're Looking For:
• Strong conceptual understanding of relational database concepts and modeling.
• Strong Project Management skills, e.g., written and verbal communication, organization, requirements elicitation and consensus-building.
• Strong detail-orientation.
• Basic understanding of programming concepts.
• Basic understanding of financial concepts preferred.
• Knowledge of the development platforms.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of S&P Global Market Intelligence database and corporate structure, systems, products, and services preferred. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $56,600 - $129,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
265329 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States