JobDescription : S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Business Systems Analyst The Location:
Charlottesville or Richmond, VA, US The Team:
We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst with project management and business analysis experience to join one of our Agile Scrum teams. This particular team focuses on our proprietary content tool suite, which is used by hundreds of data analysts globally. The Impact:
We are in search of a highly motivated Business Analyst who is ready to take their career to the next level in a fast growing company. Do you love leading Technical Projects as well as getting in the trenches and working with the team to get the work done? Do you like working with state of the art of technology? What's in it for you:
- You will be a contributing member of an Agile Scrum team accountable for delivering high quality software to internal users
- The chance to dig in to complicated technical details surrounding product requirements and specifications
- You will work with our global content teams and our Data Architecture team to gather, analyze, and fill in technical gaps in requirements
- Promote a team culture and environment
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- End-to-end specification, development, testing, and release of assigned project deliverables for internal software application projects.
- Utilizing SQL to write custom queries, stored procedures and functions.
- Participates in the scoping of proposed improvements, and works with Content Managers, Product Managers, or other Project Managers to turn business requirements into actionable developer specifications.
- Works to mitigate risk while leading tasks, resources, and changes.
- Leads or works independently to provide for data transformation, testing, solving problems, and end-to-end user support needs.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on limited experience and discernment to plan and accomplish goals.
- 2-5 years of experience as a business analyst or similar in a technical environment
- Ability to clearly bring together and document software requirements
- Strong Critical Thinking and analytical skills
- Communication skills (presentational, active listening, ability to build consensus, and support across functions and at all levels)
- Data analysis experience and strong understanding of structured databases
- Strong SQL skills and familiarity
- Hands-on experience with coding or technical details
- Experience working in large, global teams
- Understanding of the financial services industry is a plus
- An understanding of Agile methodologies