Associate Development Program - January 2020
JobDescription : 2020 S&P Global Market Intelligence Associate Development Program The Role:
Associate Development Program The Location:
- Relocation opportunities are available after the 18 month program to the following locations: Boston, Denver, Centenial, Chicago, San Francisco, and Santa Monica
As a member of the Client Services team, you will serve as a product generalist for the Capital IQ/Market Intelligence Platform. Working on a team is essential in this role. Additionally, Client Services interacts with many internal teams, including Sales, Content, Product, and Technical Support. The Impact:
The program offers emerging professionals an opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company with an unmatched corporate culture. The Program seeks to attract motivated applicants from a diverse pool of undergraduate institutions. What's in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company
- Assist market leaders and decision-makers across the Financial Services industry
- Grow and improve your skills by supporting enterprise level products and new technologies
- Prepare yourself for a successful career in sales or relationship management at S&P Global following your 18 months in Client Services
As an integral part of our team, you are expected to make an impact right from the beginning. In the program you'll spend 18 months working and training with industry leaders in data, analytics and research.
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients, distributors and internal SPGMI staff via phone, email, and web chats in the areas of industry, content and product consulting
- Support a client base of firms across the Investment Banking, Private Equity, Investment Management, Financial Corporate, and Non-Financial Corporate segments which account for over $1.3 billion in annual revenue for S&P Global
- Positively impact client perception of the Market Intelligence division while handling approximately 200 client cases each month
- Successfully complete required certifications, evaluations, and 1-2 months of classroom style training covering a comprehensive curriculum focusing on a variety of areas including Capital Markets, Financial Accounting, CIQ/MI Platform, CIQ/MI Excel Plug-in, etc.
- Assist with training and mentoring new hires as a seasoned associate after demonstrating expertise in best practices and product knowledge
- Conduct product demos for clients after successfully passing a demo certification at the 12 month mark of the program
- During the last 6 month phase, devote regularly scheduled time to shadow and work with commercial teams to successfully transition into your next role
- An undergraduate degree is required. Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other related fields are preferred.
- This program is limited to those who are a US citizen, lawful permanent resident (LPR), asylee or refugee
- Start date: January 2020
- Preferred 3.0 + GPA
- Interest in a career in client support, relationship management, and sales
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills to effectively resolve client concerns and promote SPGMI product usage
- An ability to pursue problems, time manage, and organize are also required
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.