Technical Program Manager
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Technical Program Manager
Mastercard Commercial Small Business Program is seeking Technical Program Manager (TPM) conceptualize, rationalize, and drive multiple simultaneous projects to deliver engineering work across the portfolio in our scrum execution model. In this role, you get to dive as deep as you want into the tech stack, the integration patterns, the organizational capabilities, and the company wide assets that can be leveraged to provide technical solutions to customer problems.
This role will be based in our technology hub location in Arlington, VA that provides a state-of-the-art environment for technology teams to thrive in a collaborative, Agile engineering culture.
• Contribute to the technical strategy, design choices, and decisions for a product or service;
• Lead initiatives and collaborate across Commercial Small Business including development, marketing, vendors, partners;
• Be the interface between the product owners and the development team, thoroughly understanding Small Business products, helping define user stories, and driving the evaluation of appropriate technical solutions to meet the business requirements;
• Proactively communicate to senior leadership on program progress and risks;
• Act as a scrum master: planning, tracking, and organizing team sprints;
• Actively promote alignment and compliance with related initiatives and projects across global small and mid-sized businesses;
• Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations and balance tradeoffs between business needs and technical constraints;
• Provide impactful and relevant status about the program progress;
• Serve as the point person managing COE and post-mortem process, gathering information from engineering and organizing findings appropriately;
• Oversee deployment rollout for major releases and change management when other teams are involved
• Proven track record as a Technical Program Manager managing and delivering large software projects on time and on budget;
• Well-developed business and technical skills. Ability to effectively understand tradeoffs between business and technology while never losing sight of the customer experience;
• A deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes;
• Demonstrated experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules;
• Strong Agile experience with the ability to mentor and influence others on Agile best practices;
• Proficiency with breaking down problems, organizing work, planning sprints, and delivering technical programs in agile delivery models (scrum, Kanban, etc.);
• Experience in Cloud computing, SaaS and Knowledge Products is preferred;
• Previous software development experience in Java is a plus;
• Previous cloud experience and microservices experience;
• Previous cloud experience in Azure is a plus;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
BS degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related field is preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.