Senior Staff, Software Engineering
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role SUMMARY
This position is within the Technology Development group responsible for developing Java controllers for etrade.com, and developing middle-tier applications at E*TRADE. The individual is responsible for developing and maintaining Java JSON endpoints for cash management and fraud services. She/he is expected to produce high quality code and detailed documentations to ensure that E*TRADE's customers, both internal and external, receive the best experiences. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support E*TRADE's business functions through the development, implementation and maintenance of software applications written in Java.
- This is for software development on our JSON endpoints that are exposed to the Angular UI for etrade.com.
- Produce detailed software design specifications, become technical SME on our applications
- Provide application support by researching production issues and implementing resolutions / fixes in a timely manner
- Follow Software Development Life Cycle best practices
- Collaborate with teams throughout the US and off-shore, provide guidance
- Keep abreast of existing and new technologies through continuous self-improvement
- 4+ years of development work experience using JAVA language on Linux or UNIX with Web-Services development on
- Apache/Tomcat platform.
- Experience with web programming, scripting, and web services technologies such as Java , Hibernate, CXF.
- Experience with test case automation (Selenium, Cucumber) of large scale systems.
- Solid relational database/SQL development skills; Oracle is preferred.
- Should have used SVN or GIT and be familiar with Unix/Linux commands required for development such as vim editor, shell commands, etc.
- Working Knowledge of Perl, Python or Shell programming is preferred.
- Experience with UNIX or Linux is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle is required.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, self-starter and quick learner
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.