Senior Research Analyst, Energy
Senior Research Analyst, Energy The Location:
Virtual - North America Grade level:
11A (for internal candidates only) The Team:
The Market Intelligence Energy Research team provides essential research, analysis and data covering the issues facing the power, coal and natural gas industries. Our analysis has particular emphasis on regulatory affairs, markets and financial performance of those operating in the sector. The team's expert analysis and proprietary data provides clients with the best available intelligence on regulatory issues affecting utilities. We seek to identify industry trends and publish research supported by underlying data that helps guide our clients through their decision-making process. We are a global company. We are dynamic, with rapidly growing ways of delivering important content and analytics to our readers. For many, we are essential because of the quality insights that we provide. The Impact
: You will research and provide insights on state energy regulation to create useful business information. The right candidate will take advantage of a range of data sets including regulatory, financial and market to produce differentiated, high-value research to help guide investors, developers, and asset owners through the decision-making process. We believe that as you grow, your potential for new opportunities will increase, as will ours! What's in it for you:
- As an integral member of our Energy Research group you will have the opportunity to become part of a team of professionals with unparalleled knowledge of the energy sector.
- You will have a high degree of independence and ownership to identify the needs for data, research and analysis regarding state energy regulation and policy, carrying ideas and concepts through from inception to execution and delivery.
- You will have the opportunity to build and develop your career and profile within the energy industry, with the backing of the best team in the business.
- As a member of the team, you will publish significant research and insight to a platform with hundreds of companies and thousands of individual subscribers in finance, utilities, private power developers, and end-users.
- Be part of an exciting time in an industry that is going through a period of transition to a low carbon energy future.
- Potential for growth within the multiple energy-related groups, one of the strongest brands in the business-to-business information space.
What We're Looking For:
- Provide research and analysis of electric and gas utility regulation, including in-depth coverage of state regulatory environments.
- Actively track regulatory information on covered area of responsibility.
- Maintain and develop the team's proprietary database sets. You will be responsible for timely entry and submission of data within given timeframes.
- Contribute to the team's research endeavors regarding ESG and the energy transition.
- Analyze and monitor ESG trends as well as renewable energy policies.
- Develop and foster strong professional ties to company representatives, regulators, and industry experts.
- Work cooperatively with other members of the energy research and news teams to provide the in-depth, timely, accurate research and consultative support to our energy clients.
- Keep abreast of industry knowledge.
- Support ongoing client requests for regulatory information and valuable content.
- Contribute to the team through initiatives including automation and product development.
- B.A./BS required. Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics and/or related field of study preferred
- Familiarity with MS Excel
- 5+ years experience since graduation from a degree program
- Natural curiosity and interest about the energy industry
- Experience producing research reports for internal or external audiences
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail and time-management skills
- Excellent verbal, analytical and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under tight deadlines
- Leadership capability and subject matter expertise are necessary in order to grow within the group
- Strong customer service skills
- Advanced degrees and certifications such as a CFA and Masters, MBA are preferred
- Ideally you have worked 5+ years in the energy field
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence . EEO Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
259303 Posted On:
Arlington, Virginia, United States