Senior Cloud Application Architect
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Senior Cloud Application Architect
Mastercard Commercial Small Business Team is seeking a Senior Cloud Application Architect to design, develop, and modernize application architectures using disruptive technologies and engineering best practices in partnership with the development team. The cloud application architect stays abreast of the fast-moving cloud space and uses that knowledge to develop new cloud architecture patterns and recipes to utilize cloud technologies and capabilities to deliver value to throughout the payments ecosystem.
This role will be based in our Mastercard technology location in Arlington, VA that provides a state-of-the-art environment for technology teams to thrive in a collaborative, Agile engineering culture. You will play a key role in how Mastercard transforms the B2B payments space using Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Azure cloud-native technologies
• Create robust and scalable feature designs that meet customer requirements;
• Implement design, code and process optimizations that enable significant improvements in performance, scalability, security, reliability and maintainability;
• Consistently produce high quality designs and code implementations that persist through multiple product cycles;
• Produce exemplary code considered a best practice for the organization;
• Provide clear documentation of architectures that facilitates maintainability and consistency of implementation;
• During presentations, effectively articulate the key design principles for feature areas to the immediate team and upper management;
• Participates in the interview process and provides complete and effective hire/no-hire input on candidates and prospective contractors;
• Stay abreast of evolving developments in the cloud native space in order to adopt key practices and architectures to continuously improve our cloud native capabilities;
• Lead code reviews to ensure team adhering to engineering best practices for producing high quality code;
• Provide technical leadership and mentorship to development teams;
• Ensure solutions comply with Mastercard best practices and governance models including security, operations and Enterprise Architecture requirements.
• Extensive Java and Spring Framework experience;
• PaaS and CaaS utilizing Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) or public cloud (Azure) experience;
• Proven experience in developing 12-factor applications and cloud architecture experience;
• Polyglot application architectures experience;
• Polyglot development - full stack experience;
• Proficiency in one or more relational and non-relational DB technologies such as MS SQL Server, MongoDB, and Postgres;
• Well versed in contemporary API and architectural concepts (REST, Microservices, etc.);
• Advanced experience with Agile development methodologies including unit testing, test-driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Pair Programming, and Automated Testing;
• Reference Architecture creation experience;
• Extensive Agile team experience;
• Proven experience with designing and delivering optimized native mobile apps is a plus
• MS degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related field
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.