Senior Analyst, External Financial Reporting
- Not Specified
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- E Trade Financial
- 18 Feb 19
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
SUMMARY The Senior Analyst, External Financial Reporting is responsible for the day-to-day execution of significant portions of the quarterly filings with the Federal Reserve and OCC (Bank Regulatory Reports) and the SEC. This position reports to the Head of Bank Regulatory Reporting and is responsible for preparing the filings in accordance with GAAP and Regulatory Accounting Principles (RAP), including applicable federal banking rules, regulations, instructions and supervisory guidance.
- Prepare schedules and related workpapers in support of the quarterly OCC, Federal Reserve and SEC filings, including the FR Y-9C, FR Y-9LP, Call Reports and 10Q/10K filing, ensuring compliance consistent with the Company's control environment.
- Prepare the regulatory capital ratios in accordance with regulatory requirements. Analyze and explain differences period over period for reporting to senior management.
- Monitor external changes to GAAP and RAP as well as internal changes resulting from business transactions that impact regulatory reporting and execute the regulatory change management procedures, including managing and executing the implementation of new financial reporting requirements.
- Maintain the documentation for regulatory reporting governance to ensure SOX and regulatory compliance, including regulatory reporting policy, general procedures, business rules and other procedural documentation.
- Drive initiatives for improvement and automation of current reporting processes as well as special projects.
- Support the Head of Bank Regulatory Reporting in responding to internal and external requests from business partners, external auditors, and regulators.
What success in this role looks like
- Contribute to high-quality financial reports and presentations, with a primary focus on executive management-level materials.
- Support core processes regarding monthly financial results, quarterly earnings, and strategic plan.
- Effectively communicate with Finance peer teams and other internal partners to drive comprehensive deliverables.
- Collaborate on process improvements; provide input to improve efficiency and accuracy of reporting including gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting and analysis.
- Support ad hoc reporting, analysis, and key projects.
- Act as a power user of the Bank Regulatory Reporting software (e.g. AxiomSL).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Economics
- 3 years relevant experience in a combination of public accounting and private companies with financial services experience preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Self-motivated; strong attention to detail; demonstrates sense of ownership and accountability for work
- Effective personal organization and time management skills, and experience working autonomously and driving projects to completion.
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to influence senior subject matter experts
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to detail and can critically assess information received from business partners and the nature of any underlying business activity to determine its impact to the Company's regulatory reporting.
- Teamwork and collaboration-oriented
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Oracle, Hyperion, AxiomSL, Tableau and data analysis experience preferred