- Arlington, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- E Trade Financial
- 24 May 19
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role SUMMARY
We seek a qualified candidate to support our fixed income accounting department, focusing on the accounting for our real estate and consumer loan portfolios. Ideal candidate will have solid understanding of the accounting cycle related to loan products including mortgage loans, consumer loans, security-based lending, etc. We are looking for someone who is hard-working, organized and detail oriented with the ability to look at the big picture and connect the dots. Candidate must be a dedicated team player who can prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks under month end close deadlines.
- Record general remittance, payoff, default, servicing advance and expense journal entries related to the mortgage and consumer loan portfolios
- Support sub-ledger system (SBO) processing to ensure mortgage loan activities are properly recorded
- Prepare reconciliations and analysis, and research / resolve open items
- Prepare and review standard operating procedures
- Interact with the Company's Credit and Treasury groups to resolve any reconciling items, and or documentation gaps
- Prepare schedules and analysis for monthly/quarterly internal reporting, and provide assistance as needed for financial and regulatory audit requests
- Assist the team in performing other projects related to the Controller Group
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3 - 5 years of hands-on work experience in Accounting or related operational discipline required
- Proficiency in MS Excel required
- CPA preferred
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast -paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Oracle, Hyperion, Business Objects and Bloomberg desired
- Experience with financial service companies a plus
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.