- Not Specified
- Arlington, VA, USA Arlington VA US
- Permanent, Full time
- E Trade Financial
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
E*TRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions
E*TRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, E*TRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants - over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 E*TRADE branches.
This position provides operational accounting and month-end close support for multiple E*TRADE legal entities, business units, and functional areas, with a focus on G&A corporate accounting functions. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills along with a combination of professional exposure to public and corporate accounting roles. This position requires the ability to work independently as well as in group settings.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations spanning across multiple legal entities.
- Prepare various analytics supporting financial results
- Prepare or provide initial review of reconciliations prepared by accounting support team to ensure general ledger balances are reconciled appropriately
- Provide guidance and assistance to accounting support team with journal entries and reconciliations
- Effectively communicate with business partners to resolve issues
- Facilitate the completion of audit requests from our internal and external auditors as well as our regulators.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and new business initiatives.
- 3-4 years of experience in a combination of public and corporate accounting roles
- BA/BS in Accounting and/or Finance
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Experience with Oracle Financial Systems preferred
- CPA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment and effectively communicate in all forms with all levels of the organization.
- Eagerness to work in a team oriented environment
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.