- Arlington, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Sands Capital Management
- 04 Jan 18 2018-01-04
Sands Capital Ventures is seeking a motivated Principal to focus on technology investing. The Principal will be responsible for managing the technology portfolio and its key resources. This individual will function as an integral member of the Sands Capital Ventures team and will support and collaborate with an experienced team of investment and operational professionals. As part of the investment process, this position will have the opportunity to meet with executives from leading companies, interview industry experts, attend industry conferences, and visit portfolio companies.
About the Firm
Sands Capital Ventures is a SEC-registered venture capital investment firm, located in Arlington, Virginia, minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. Sands Capital Ventures principally manages funds that invest in private businesses in technology, life sciences, and consumer industries, on a global basis. Sands Capital Ventures is an affiliate of Sands Capital Management, an investment firm founded in 1992 that manages approximately $45 billion in long only, concentrated public company portfolios.
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business, Technology, or other relevant major, +/- relevant graduate degrees
- 10+ years of work experience with at least 5+ years concentrated in relevant private equity/venture capital investing; “big picture” technology industry knowledge (e.g., software, internet, information technology, and associated disciplines)
- Ability to ideate, source, and execute technology investments, including negotiation of investment terms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Excellent modeling skills, including market models, financial statements and valuation analysis
- Must possess a genuine and demonstrable interest in venture capital and private equity
- Must be a team player with high energy and exceptional work ethic
- Must have the ability to work proactively and independently to drive tasks to conclusion
- Must have the ability to work professionally with portfolio company CEOs and other senior stakeholders/investors
- Must have outstanding analytical and strategic aptitude
- Board experience preferred
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume that specifically outlines your qualifications for the position and why you want to work at Sands Capital Ventures.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital Management’s Careers page at: http://sandscapital.com/careers/.