About the Firm Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages multiple billions of dollars in client assets. Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
- Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
We are seeking an experienced professional to lead the design and delivery of high value analytics that enhance the packaging and positioning of our investment solutions and inform our business development strategy globally. The professional will partner with our portfolio specialists, client relations and business development professionals. This role is an analytical marketing champion with strong knowledge of investment management distribution channels and the key interests of capital allocators within each. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating insights that enable our team to retain client assets and drive new asset growth.
- Attend business development meetings to gain context and share perspectives on marketing opportunities and challenges
- Create analytical frameworks that support decision making about marketing distribution approaches and resource commitments
- Lead competitive reporting; proactively harvest and socialize insights that are actionable for key stakeholders
- Manage standards for performance measurement and attribution reporting and proactively identify creative ways to illustrate investment results in client reporting
- Collaborate with product specialists on fulfilling ad-hoc analytical requests
- Provide strategic input to the development of thought-leadership content
- Collaborate with the technology team to design, prioritize, and operationalize new reporting capabilities
- Lead the resolution of reporting problems with FactSet and other analytical tool providers
Skills and Qualifications
- 7-10 years of relevant experience, preferably with a focus on active equity investment management, consultant, or asset owner
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; MBA/CFA a plus
- Deep understanding of global capital markets, economics, and industry trends affecting equity investment strategies
- Strong knowledge of the key interests of capital allocators and needs in institutional and wealth management market segments
- Strong strategic thinker with a proven ability to define and drive a planning process involving multiple stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce/CRM landscape and ability to leverage the platform to deliver insights to client-facing professionals
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; strong ability to explain complex, technical concepts in a simple, easy-to-understand terms
- Be able to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team, while also being able to work independently with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Be highly self-motivated with an analytical mindset, strategic aptitude, and a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Experience with analytical tools such as FactSet, eVestment, Morningstar Direct, Simfund, and Discovery Database
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Tableau, Power BI and other data visualization tools strongly preferred
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume that specifically outlines your qualifications for the position.
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital Management’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and staff members. For our staff members, equal opportunity includes access to the benefits and privileges that the firm provides to staff members generally. We appreciate the value diversity brings to Sands Capital and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff members.
We evaluate and select qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Discrimination of this kind is also strictly prohibited by a variety of federal, state, and local laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
View the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster here and its supplement here.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to pregnant individuals, individuals with disabilities, and/or individuals needing accommodation for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.