Planning and Analytics Associate
- Arlington, VA, USA Arlington VA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Sands Capital Management
- 10 Apr 18 2018-04-10
Sands Capital Management is seeking an Associate to support the Planning and Analytics team with process management for our Executive Management Team, planning of internal business updates, and conducting compensation, firm and marketplace analytics.
Department(s): Planning and Analytics
Reports to: Senior Manager of Planning and Analytics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Travel: < 10%
About the Firm
Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages approximately $45 billion in client assets. All of Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process that uses our six investment criteria to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are our Core Values that we hold in high regard and believe are critical for high-performing teams and individuals at Sands Capital:
- Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
Position Summary / Essential Functions
The ideal candidate will be highly detail oriented and analytical and will have an interest in working on a variety of projects ranging from data analysis to presentation production. The candidate will be able to multitask, prioritize and switch quickly and as needed between tasks. The Planning and Analytics Associate will enjoy employing a variety of skills including research, analysis, writing, and modeling. The candidate will be able to communicate effectively and efficiently across different teams and will be comfortable interacting with different groups within the firm. High level of integrity and ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential matters in a professional manner is a must.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with the agenda setting and preparation of presentation materials for the monthly Executive Team meeting. Build presentations and assemble data for the Executive planning sessions.
- Participate actively in the compensation management process by creating and maintaining compensation templates and databases, calculating team metrics, conducting scenario analyses and building monthly and quarterly compensation forecasts.
- Support the creation of periodic internal business updates and the organization of our annual all firm updates and partners meetings.
- Create, maintain and distribute investible universe screens, investment sector fact packs, and research coverage reports.
- Work with teams across the firm to develop and update internal analytics reports, including team dashboards and activity assessments.
- Contribute to the development of the Planning and Analytics team marketplace analytics, build a deep understanding of our firm’s peer groups and industry trends, and create and maintain periodic reports to the team on industry developments.
- Develop new processes and reporting tools that will enhance the team’s data collection and analytics capabilities.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or other related field
- 0-3 years of experience in an operation, corporate planning, data analysis, investment research, or a management consulting function
- Strong analytical aptitude, modeling and writing skills
- Advanced experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to create simple databases/code is a plus
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities at once as well as manage changing priorities
- Excellent work ethic and initiative along with the ability to perform position responsibilities independently with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Superior customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Integrity and ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential matters in a professional manner is a must
- Knowledge of the financial services landscape preferred
- Working knowledge of FactSet preferred
To be considered, candidates must submit a cover letter and a resume that specifically outlines your qualifications for the position.
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital Management’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.