- Arlington, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Sands Capital Management
- 01 Feb 18 2018-02-01
The candidate will report directly to the General Counsel and will work closely with the Firm’s various constituencies, including the compliance, client relations and investment teams. The position will work from our office in Arlington, Virginia.
Manager: General Counsel
FLSA Status: Exempt
About the Firm
Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages approximately $45 billion in client assets. All of Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process that uses our six investment criteria to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are our Core Values that we hold in high regard and believe are critical for high-performing teams and individuals at Sands Capital:
- Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
Position Summary / Essential Functions
The candidate will be involved with all of the Firm’s legal matters, which may include the following:
- Regulatory Compliance. Providing counsel with respect to U.S. and ex-U.S. regulatory and compliance matters;
- Fund Formation. Providing support in connection with separately managed accounts, private investment funds, UCITS funds and sub-advised 40 Act Funds;
- Contract Management. Drafting and negotiating agreements, including investment management agreements, service provider agreements and operating agreements;
- Operational Matters. Interfacing with team members in connection with fundraising, client on-boarding, corporate governance, accounting, human resources and tax matters; and
- Transactions. Managing the execution of venture capital financings.
- Special Projects. Assisting with general projects as assigned.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- 4 to 6 years of experience in the asset management group of a top law firm.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position is suitable for candidates with the following attributes:
- Excited to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Business focused and practical
- Impeccable integrity
- Detail-oriented and organized
- A strong personal work ethic with a desire to be challenged
- Ability to adapt to change and embrace ambiguity
- Problem solver
- Humble, passionate and team-oriented
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.