Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages multiple billions of dollars in client assets. Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
- Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
- Implementation Risk Analyst. Support Portfolio Implementation and Trading by designing systems and/or controls that mitigate the real-time operational risk of implementing investment guidelines of existing and new Sands Capital strategies.
- Operational Liaison. Collaborate closely with our Compliance, Operations, and Client Relations Teams with regards to implementing investment guideline and new strategy controls.
- Trade Desk Support. Understand our firm’s Trade Lifecycle. Support the Trading team through workflow solution design utilizing Linedata Longview (Trading Order Management System), Advent APX (Accounting Books and Records), and a cloud-based Data Warehouse (Microsoft Azure).
- System Development. Create relationships among systems and help design and/or automate reports, controls, guidelines, etc. through SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Excel. Experience building applications through .NET Core a plus. Liaise with our Data and Technology Team.
- Data Analytics and Visualization. Ability to demonstrate creativity as the successful candidate will be able to source and manipulate large data sets for the purpose of designing easy-to-understand dashboards for senior management.
- Perform other related responsibilities, as needed
- Exhibit behavior consistent with Sands Capital’s mission, values, and culture
Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, or relevant concentration
- 5-10 years of experience in finance, controller, trading, data analytics, accounting, project management, or technology roles
- Highly experienced with relational database structures; SQL, Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft Access a plus
- Understanding of various computer language to manipulate large data sets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (including Access, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with data visualization software (including Power BI or Tableau)
- Experience with market data services (including Bloomberg, Factset, and Barra)
- Exposure to Trading Order Management Systems and back-end architecture
- Good communicator and collaborator with strong written skills; team player with a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills; attention to detail is critical
- Excellent work ethic and initiative along with the ability to perform position responsibilities independently with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Strong project management skills
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and staff members. For our staff members, equal opportunity includes access to the benefits and privileges that the firm provides to staff members generally. We appreciate the value diversity brings to Sands Capital and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff members.
We evaluate and select qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Discrimination of this kind is also strictly prohibited by a variety of federal, state, and local laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
View the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster here and its supplement here.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to pregnant individuals, individuals with disabilities, and/or individuals needing accommodation for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.