Full Stack Developer
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Sands Capital Management
- 22 Apr 19
About the Firm Sands Capital Management, LLC (Sands Capital) is an independent investment management firm located in Arlington, Virginia, minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. Since its founding in 1992, Sands Capital has managed a long only, concentrated portfolio of 25-30 large capitalization stocks selected through a rigorous, bottom-up fundamental research process that aims to identify high quality growth businesses. In addition to this flagship strategy, Sands Capital has introduced newer strategies over time such as Global Growth (2009), and Emerging Markets Growth (2013), all based on the same long-only, concentrated, growth investing principles but with a wider geographic mandate.
As we have expanded our geographic reach, we’ve learned to incorporate macroeconomic, currency, and political research analysis as a layer to our research process to complement our bottom-up company analysis. Today we are one of the largest investors in many of the world’s leading growth companies, and we have compiled strong long-term investment results across each of these investment strategies. Sands Capital currently manages approximately $40 billion in client assets.
Identified below are our Core Values that we hold in high regard and believe are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
Position Summary / Essential Functions
Sands Capital is seeking two entry level full stack developers with a data focus. We are a growing firm that invests significantly in technology to enable our business goals. Our growth has led to an increased need for talented software engineers and technology leaders. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate candidates to join full stack teams that will deliver business outcomes rapidly.
We follow agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban using JIRA and Slack. We are building multiple VueJS web applications, a Data Warehouse using SQL Server and Analysis Services, and RESTful micro-services using .NET and NodeJs hosted internally and in the cloud. We work on a continuous integration and delivery pipeline using automated tests.
This is a full-time position that must work from Sands Capital’s headquarters in Arlington, Virginia Monday – Friday.
- Author meaningful unit and integration tests to drive our data pipelines
- Learn and implement containerized development on the .NET Core platform and VueJS
- Collaborate with internal clients to design and develop innovative solutions
- Follow sound agile development practices to complete software development projects
- Work with the Software Development Manager to master both on-premises RDBMS and emerging cloud-based data technologies
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or equivalent combination of training and experience (0-3 years)
- Understanding of core computing concepts such as data structures and object-oriented programming
- Good communicator with outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Good collaborative skills and a committed team player
- Good analysis and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Deadline driven with excellent project management skills
- Must be self-motivated and driven
As a growing technology-oriented investment management firm, Sands Capital believes in continuing education, work-life balance, and in fostering an open, team-oriented environment instead of rigid hierarchies. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent communication skills and be hungry to succeed.
To be considered, candidates must submit a cover letter and resume that specifically outlines your qualifications for the position.
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital Management’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.