ABOUT THE FIRM Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages approximately $45 billion in client assets. Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
We are seeking an experienced financial writer to join our Marketing and Communications team. The writer will be responsible for creating compelling thought-leadership content that elevates the Sands Capital brand profile. The content is developed primarily for institutional and wealth management market segments and executed in a variety of formats that are on-trend with client preferences. The ideal candidate is passionate about telling the stories of business innovations and industry transformations that are the focus of our fundamental investment research analysis.
- Collaborate with investment professionals and product managers to convert proprietary research into compelling thought leadership content with commercial value
- Partner with business development and client relations professionals to align the content strategy with the interests of current and prospective clients
- Advocate for communicating concepts in simple, clear and cogent terms that drive persuasion
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 7-10 years of extensive financial journalism experience (corporate or media background preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Deep understanding of the equity markets and key interests/concerns of capital allocators
- Skilled at weaving facts together, and developing a data-driven logic, to create a strong narrative with a compelling point of view
- Proven ability to create clarity through ambiguity in order to achieve strong outcomes
- Experience developing content in a variety of formats including long and short form, rich media, infographics, and presentations
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to coordinate the activities of subject matter experts, editors and proofreaders, designers, and rich media producers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with FactSet, web content management, and social media tools desirable
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/. The link to this specific position is here: https://careers-sandscapital.icims.com/jobs/1079/financial-writer/job
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.