ABOUT THE FIRM Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages approximately $45 billion in client assets. Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
We are seeking an experienced marketing professional to lead digital strategy as part of our Marketing and Communications team. The strategist will be responsible for planning and executing high quality, innovative online experiences that elevate the Sands Capital brand profile. These online experiences are intended to deepen relationships with existing clients and attract new relationships in the institutional and wealth management market segments. The ideal candidate is passionate about leveraging technology to delight clients and gain competitive advantage.
- Develop and execute a roadmap for continuous improvement of the corporate website and other digital channels in collaboration with marketing peers, business stakeholders, and technology partners
- Drive smart design thinking by mapping online user experiences that effectively support campaigns and other marketing initiatives
- Integrate marketing automation functionality (Pardot) in the website architecture
- Lead the development efforts of third-party service providers and in-house technologists
- Establish and reinforce the firm’s digital production processes and QA standards
- Define and administer a distributed content management model
- Develop and oversee an online user problem-resolution process
- Define and track metrics to measure the efficiency of website navigation, adjust the architecture according to results, and capture intelligence on user interests
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- At least 10 years of experience in marketing, publishing, or digital technology roles (corporate, media, or agency background preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Broad understanding of the capital markets and key interests of capital allocators preferred
- Strong domain expertise in digital UX best practices with a balance of creativity and an analytical-driven mindset
- Strong strategic thinker with a proven ability to define and drive a planning process involving multiple stakeholders
- Problem solver with an established network of specialist providers
- Excellent communications and planning skills, including the ability to coordinate the activities of content producers, rich media producers, and designers
- Experience with website content management platforms (WordPress), marketing automation, analytical tools (Google, Adobe), and development applications (Jira/Invision)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/. The link to this specific position is here: https://careers-sandscapital.icims.com/jobs/1078/digital-strategy-manager/job
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.