- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Alta Capital Management
- 10 Oct 18
Alta Capital Management, LLC (“Alta”) is a boutique asset manager with more than a 35-year history and a well-established performance track record. Our clients comprise a balanced mix of high-net-worth individuals and institutional investors who appreciate our quality growth and fundamentally-based approach to investing. As we continue to create and maintain value while growing the various segments of the company, Alta has an immediate need for an Equity Analyst. The main responsibility of this position is to assist with stock selection, analysis and portfolio management.
Our firm is looking for a talented, hard-working and ambitious individual with specific experience who wants to take part in the future success of our firm, contribute to the day-to-day management of our equity portfolios, and eventually forge relationships with existing and potential clients. The ideal and successful candidate will have superior analytical skills, be well-organized and be a creative writer capable of clear and concise communication. Strong interpersonal skills to work in a team-oriented environment are required, as well as the ability to work independently.
We can offer the right candidate the opportunity to:
- join a successful and ambitious asset management team
- impact the growth trajectory of a firm with an enviable track record
- live in the Rocky Mountain West with unmatched access to world-class outdoor recreation, including the “best snow on earth”.
- Conducting fundamental research on US-traded stocks.
- Financial modelling, utilizing knowledge of accounting, finance and economics.
- Monitoring news events and interpreting developments that may impact both share price performance as well as longer-term fundamentals of a company.
- Company / industry / market analysis.
- Identifying and presenting investment ideas to the team.
- Being a resource and providing regular communication to colleagues seeking current information / data / opinions.
- Interfacing with existing and prospective clients and providing support where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- CFA (or working towards) or MBA or Masters of Science in Finance or Accounting
- At least 2 years of direct work experience in equity analysis gained in asset management, sell-side research or investment banking
- Highly-developed analytical and financial modelling skills
- Strong communication skills
- Eligible to work in the US.
Commensurate with experience
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward a cover letter, resume and stock pitch in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alta complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws providing for nondiscrimination in employment against qualified individuals with disabilities. Alta also provides reasonable accommodation for such individuals in accordance with these laws. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.