Equities Technology - Developer
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 18 Oct 18
Equities Technology - Developer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
These problem spaces include:
- High-throughput, latency-sensitive order management and electronic trading systems
- Adaptable algorithmic trading platforms - Performance-sensitive user interfaces
- Adaptive, robust trading controls
- Workflow management platforms
- Pricing, risk and booking systems
- Systems software
- User interfaces and modern webstacks
- Data, structured and unstructured
- Pricing, risk and analytics
- Test engineering
- Software controls and SDLC
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Skills
- Minimum 1 year industry experience programming in a compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
- Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management)
- Comfort with standard SDLC tools, e.g. version control systems, diff-ing tools - Strong written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual with high degree of attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience developing in a Linux or UNIX environment
- Experience with several of the following: Real-time systems, Large-scale, distributed systems, Operating systems design, Compilers, Modern webstacks, Functional programming, Test engineering
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.