Corporate Counsel, Digital Technology Transactions (US based: Salt Lake City, Utah, Austin Texas locations preferred - Virtual)
Corporate Counsel Position – Digital Technology Transactions
Cognizant has animmediate opening for a corporate in-house attorney to join its digitaltransactions team to support the commercial requirements for Cognizant'sdigital technology portfolio. The idealcandidate will have a minimum of 4-8 years combined experience in a top lawfirm or in-house legal department specializing in technology transactions,artificial intelligence, digital engineering, and/or digital systems.
The candidate must have deepexperience contracting with clients and vendors (including software, hardware, SaaS,and platform service vendors) on broad variety of inbound and outbound technologyand commercial transactions, including professional services, resell,licensing, teaming, and alliance deals.
The ideal candidate willalso have experience with technology M&A transactions and possess theability to work quickly in a fast-paced and global environment to draft,negotiate, and manage complex contracts with autonomy and independence. The candidate should possess excellentcommunication and organizational skills and should have prior experiencing managingdemanding timelines from multiple business stakeholders.
The successful candidate willwork directly with business account team members, client partners, and a broadvariety of internal stakeholders to ensure recently acquired entities aresuccessfully integrated into Cognizant's commercial contracting function. Sometravel required.
Job responsibilities willinclude:
- Partnering with Cognizantbusiness executives to articulate digital strategy and commercial requirements.
- Drafting, reviewing, andnegotiating vendor and client contracts.
- Reviewing, analyzing, andopining on risk associated with existing contracts of recently-acquiredentities.
- Advising business teamson Cognizant's contracting policies and processes.
- Working as part of across-functional team deliver digital technologies to clients across the globe.
- Analyzing and assessingbusiness processes, spotting issues, flagging risk, and proposing solutions.
- Adding Value. Excellingwith autonomy. Owning work. Maintaining fast-pace cadence.