Equipment Technician (3rd Shift) Stafford, Texas/en-US/EXT/job/Stafford-Texas/Equipment-Technician--3rd-Shift-_R-10111474/apply
Equipment Technician (3rd Shift)
Job Purpose Equipment Technician (3rd Shift) Work Schedule: 10:45 p.m - 6:45 a.m. Sunday-Thursday
As a Fiserv Equipment Technician, you will be responsible for installing, troubleshooting, repairing and daily maintenance of production equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes. You will perform equipment setup, operation, adjustments and preventative maintenance tasks and run tests on all equipment to test for safety and productivity. Additionally, you will often respond to maintenance requests on the production floor. Fiserv strives to be the workplace that you can have fun in as well! We are excited to have Spirit day every Friday, so you can wear your favorite sports team's apparel or a Fiserv T-Shirt, instead of the standard Fiserv uniform
In this role, you can expect the following:
- Receiving on the job paid training and work in a climate controlled environment.
- Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to: electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Set up, test and maintain production machinery to ensure safety and productivity.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Ensuring proper operation of production machinery through preventive maintenance, adjustments - (including operator adjustments), repair, refurbishing, and rebuilding.
- Follow up to verify repairs are complete.
- Learn and be able to perform operator setups and adjustments on multiple equipment lines.
- Comply with all general work rules including housekeeping, safety and quality required to keep own general work area clean and organized.
- Work from verbal or written instructions, service manuals, parts catalogs etc.
- Use hand tools and precision devices.
- Work overtime, weekends, and holidays as work schedules require. In peak periods additional overtime is required.
- Be able to troubleshoot operator and machine set up issues.
- Follow all Fiserv SOPs and safety measures.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Willing to perform additional assigned tasks to help production.
- Maintains maintenance records on all equipment repaired, annotating man-hours, materials, and date of repair.
- Work with associates in team effort to further company goals concerning productivity, safety, quality and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Be able to be standing, kneeling, crouching, or walking for entire shift
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly; be able to reach, grab, hold, and lift objects.
- Use hands to operate hand tools, perform keyboarding, and operate machinery.
- Be able to work in dimly lit areas of the machinery and to distinguish color differences, especially when working with electrical/electronic devices.
- Successful performance requires good vision including close vision for accurate attention to detail.
- Work requires incumbent to be mobile and in a standing / walking position.
- Uses hands to handle, finger, or feel objects and to perform keyboarding
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, but not required.
- Experience in a dynamic, high volume production environment and understanding of production concepts.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Use of a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment.
- Ability to work from verbal and written instructions, blueprints, operational tech/data drawings, simple schematics, and simple engineering data and from instruction manuals - all in English. Diagnoses
- Deep knowledge of production equipment-inserters, printers.
- Deep knowledge of installation, diagnoses and repair of machinery.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of operating a computer workstation.
- Ability to work overtime during peak periods and overtime.
Who we are:
Output Solutions at Fiserv delivers mission-critical communications to financial institutions, health and property/casualty insurance providers, billers, retailers, travel and entertainment companies and advertising agencies nationwide. With solutions including transactional document production and delivery, card manufacturing and personalization and direct marketing services, we help our clients streamline operations to contain costs, while building customer dedication and generating incremental revenue. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Companys policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
Posted 30+ Days AgoFull timeR-10111474
There's a reason why Fiserv is the global leader in information management and electronic commerce systems for the financial services industry. It's our people. If you are a talented professional who gets excited by the challenge of helping Fiserv lead the transformation of financial services technology for our clients' benefit, we encourage you to explore career opportunities with Fiserv, where turning possibilities into realities is the norm.