This job posting isn't available in all website languages ☰ Building Engineer, Critical Data Centers - Night Shift New Real Estate 20000822 Requisition #
Newmark Grubb Knight Frank (NGKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NGKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents. Job Description:
Provide operational support and technical services for the critical data center of a fast paced and growing technology company. This position requires nights and weekend hours.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain and repair the mechanical, electrical, security and fire protection systems that protect and support business critical information systems (servers, mainframes, etc).
- Identify and be able to immediately recognize system faults and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Maintain strict compliance with all Federal, State and Local codes, regulations and standards.
- Perform preventative tests, and analyze data to ensure the proper functioning of all base building and critical system equipment, including electrical, HVAC, fire/life safety, security and emergency back-up systems. Determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Monitor the operations and make customer approved adjustments of chilled water systems, heat exchangers, CRAC Units, HVAC, electrical systems, emergency back-up systems, hot water systems, pumps, valves, filters and other mechanical and electrical equipment. Record readings and make recommendations for adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Prepare and maintain maintenance logs and reports to accurately document the condition of systems in the data center. Maintain knowledge about preventive maintenance and work order software systems.
- Coordinate contractor and management approvals for work orders that require the use of outside contractors. Maintain detailed logs of all work performed.
- Read, comprehend and work from complex technical information (i.e. blueprints, sketches, building plans and schematics) pertaining to electrical and mechanical systems that serve the data centers. Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and formal change control processes to implement changes.
- Interact with all parts of the organization to respond to a variety of service requests. Perform any and all work, to ensure the safety of the buildings tenants and the continuous operation of the facility.
- Maintain organized building files.
- May be on-call after regular scheduled hours.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Skills, Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum of 5 years previous critical data center operations engineering experience
- CFC Certified Certification for handling refrigerants a plus
- Proficient computer and email skills
- Proficient with Building Automation Systems and Electrical Power Monitoring Systems
- Must have the ability to complete required safety classes that pertain to specific job duties
- Familiarity with preventative maintenance and work order software systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Works well independently, as well as in a team
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Grubb Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
UNITED STATES, TX, SOUTHLAKE
Requisition #: 20000674
© Taleo Social Sourcing. All rights reserved. 0 0