Vice President, Planning and Administration- Ameriprise Financial Institutions Group - Remote
Directly support an Executive Leader to ensure effective management of all accountabilities that support the executive office. This includes communications, set business agendas, regular interaction with the Executive's direct reports, manage the office, take on specific assignments and ensure deliverables are met. Identify, resolve, and advance key strategic business strategies, in addition to being a liaison with corporate colleagues, employees, advisors, external clients such as Financial Institution Executives and the Executive Leader's office.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor when considering your next career. Flexible work arrangements can be discussed through the interview process. If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities
- Partner with the Executive Leaders, their senior leadership team, and other key leaders to set strategy and manage business accountabilities that impact key metrics and results.
- Responsible for ensuring inter-departmental cooperation and communication with key business partners and units supporting the department.
- Build a culture of success and help support the value proposition of the function.
- Lead the development and implementation of specific key AFIG processes and programs that are integral in the function, including AFIG goal tracking, involvement in the enterprise long-range plan, and the overall Executive / ELT calendar and other initiatives as assigned.
- Provide thought leadership and initiate activities to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Take ownership to prepare materials and agendas for a variety of meetings, such as board presentations, regular business line reviews, Leadership Team meetings, Town Halls, and extended leadership team meetings.
- Arrange speakers and coordinate scheduling of facilities and audio/visual needs.
- Ensure engagement of many audiences and geographies.
- Prepare presentations, communications, and talking points for the Executive Leader as needed.
- In the absence of the Executive Leader, may manage interactions with Financial Institution Executives, ELT members, field/corporate office leaders, employees, advisors, and external clients.
- Partner with other areas across the enterprise including, Corporate support groups, such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal, and Communications, to ensure delivery of key priorities in support of the organization's effectiveness, including budget management, organizational goals and tracking, and general employee/advisor satisfaction.
- Partner with the Business in preparing for mid-year and year-end submissions, talent assessments, etc.
- May provide oversight and leadership to a small team.
- Delegate work to ensure effective execution of team/function deliverables.
- Develop and maintain a high-performing team(s) through effective hiring, vendor partner management, coaching and performance management.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong relationship building skills; highly effective communication skills with the ability to identify and resolve/mitigate issues or risks.
- Experience influencing at all levels of the organization; proven ability to drive results through others.
- Proven ability to work under pressure with undefined processes, tight deadlines, and frequently changing priorities.
- Experience leading large cross-organizational projects from development to execution; demonstrates an innovative mind-set.
- Exceptional at developing communications- ability to synthesize information, write for understanding at all levels of the organization.
About Our Company
- Master's Degree or equivalent
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.