One of the nation's leading P&C Insurance carriers is looking to add a Remote Inside Property Claims Adjuster to their growing team in the greater San Antonio area. This role will be responsible for investigating and settling moderate to complex property insurance claims presented by or against members in a call center environment.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Manages assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with moderate to complex damages. Updates initial reserve levels dictated by complexity. Leverages digital platform(s) to prepare estimates.
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to initiate inspections and facilitate moderately complex claims resolution.
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various sources, including the insured, third parties, and external resources. May identify and resolve potential discrepancies resulting from unusual characteristics.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history, determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals, when appropriate.
- Determines coverage through analyzing investigation information involving moderate to complex claim recommendation and resolution.
- Communicates with the insured about coverage and any issues that arise. Determines and negotiates settlement amounts for damages claimed.