A leading bulge bracket bank and multiple hedge funds are looking to add Site Reliability Engineers to their teams in Dallas, Austin, and Houston, TX. Each role will be hands on in either cloud or Linux environments and give you the opportunity to expand your experience in one of the highest compensated industries in the U.S.
With a focus on the development of proprietary solutions in an ever changing financial environment, you will be challenged to create unique technology on a global scale. As the cloud transformation continues to take over the industry, these firms will provide the career growth and knowledge gain to transform your careeer.
- Engage with application development teams to improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management and capacity planning.
- Develop software and systems architectural frameworks and tooling.
- Maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Create and sustain scalable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
Skills and Experience
- 3 or more years of experience in a relevant role (DevOps, Reliability Engineering, Systems Administration, Application Programming, etc)
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization
- Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with distributed compute systems
- Highly knowledgeable of at least one of Linux or Windows platforms running key business applications
- Knowledgeable of many other areas of technology (networking, hardware, etc)
- Highly entrepreneurial and motivated
- Highly organized
- Strong interpersonal skills - good client facing skills as well as excellent oral and written communication
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (Erlang, Python, Perl, C++, C, Java, SQL) beyond basic scripting is a key advantage
- Good knowledge of at least one database product (like MSQL / PostgreSQL / DB2) (Knowledge of NOSQL products like MongoDB would be an advantage)
- Possesses good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures and various compatibility requirements
Apply today with interest!