Schwab is recruiting to hire a driven, results-oriented software technical lead who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. The Senior Pega Developer will be a hands-on lead developer that excels in a dynamic, Agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. This role is split 50% design & leading the team, 50% development, and will require the successful candidate to be responsible for individual coding contributions in addition to their team leadership responsibilities.
What youre good at
We have an exciting role for a self-motivated leader who is up for delivering transformational change and leading others.
You'll be joining us as a Senior Software Developer on the Business Process Transformation (BPM) Technology team. You will be expected to:
- Deliver technical leadership and oversight of team activities
- Influence team members to leverage, follow and support Agile software development practices
- Interface with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget
- Work with Scrum Master and product owner to provide development sizing & cost analysis estimates
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve software quality standards
- Support release manager to assemble releases and drive improvements in the release process
- Provide hands-on development and mentoring as necessary for other members of the development team
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plans
- Create artifacts for each project such as Software Architecture documentation, Technical Use Cases, and Code Review Packages
- Meet periodically with onshore and offshore developers to review and improve code quality, requirements specification and design methodologies
What you have
- 5 or more years’ experience in Pega Systems BPM Solution development - Certified Lead Systems Architect (CLSA) certification level desired.
- Working knowledge of Pega frameworks FISF, NBFS, Smart Disputes
- Working knowledge of Oracle / SQL. Familiarity with workflow concepts and document management processing
- Experience as a technical leader in an organization. This includes coaching and mentoring new associates, overseeing the development work of other resources, working through complex problems, and working with our business partners to deliver an amazing experience for our clients.
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.