Do you want to spend your summer internship with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 40 years? Schwab’s mission is to help our clients build a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2020 program include:
- Business Track Project: Working with your host business track at Schwab provides a relevant and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Dedicated Intern Leader: Receive regular feedback from your leader, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Build your network by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate program tracking to graduate between December 2020 and May/June 2021
- Must be able to work full time and be on-site at assigned Schwab location during the 9-week program (June 8 to August 7)
- Have specific skills as specified by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will accept your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested.
Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and unique experience – one you won’t soon forget!
What youre good at
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who possess a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge and who have the mindset of an everyday leader
- Adaptability and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning attitude, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and seek to exceed client expectations
What you have
- A strong desire to build and grow a career in financial services
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral)
- The courage to ask “why”
- Effective relationship builder—ability to partner cross-location, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.
- Interest in financial literacy in both your personal and professional life
- Superior follow-up skills; ability to initiate communication and follow up with business and technology partners to achieve tactical deliverables in a timely manner.
- Able to work independently to complete tasks and initiate and respond to partner requests and to collaborate with colleagues.
- Ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively to business partners
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office utilities: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access.
- Self-starter mentality with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
Corporate Risk Management business tracks
- Financial Crimes Risk Management
- Corporate Compliance
- Enterprise Digital, Analytics and Risk Technology – Risk Controls and Self-Assessment
- Model Risk Oversight – Governance Controls
As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans to the Intern Academy.