Scrum Master As - Cwmd, Consumer Engineering
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers dont just make things we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Consumer & Wealth Management Division:
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Consumer Business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs)
Our Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, serves millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Facilitate Scrum events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams. Facilitating multi-team events like Big Room Planning, Scrum of Scrums, and story mapping.
- Assist Product Owners and teams in story writing, back log maintenance and prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level feature and architectural backlogs.
- Serve as teams' or programs' information radiator, representing the team or program to senior management, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Effectively use metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making at the team or program level.
- Facilitate estimation and planning at the team or program level. Assisting in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases.
- Coach developer, designer and product team members in Agile practices, values and principles.
- Coach more junior Scrum Masters.
- Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them.
- Shield the team from outside distractions, context switching and interferences.
- Track and remove impediments.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching to higher levels of maturity< i>Build a safe environment with an emphasis on collaboration and problem solving
- Participate in Agile Communities of Practice across Goldman Sachs
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5 years experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Prior experience building and testing software or implementing DevOps
- 3 years of experience with scaled Agile (SAFE, LESS) in a hands-on leadership role (e.g., Release Train Engineer, Agile Program Manager)
- Knowledge of other approaches in the Agile space: Kanban, Lean, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, etc.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burn down techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communication anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
- Leadership role in a large-scale Agile transformation
- Experience in Scrum Master and scaled Agile or transformation roles in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum and Agile, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Active participant in the Agile community.