At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News.
The Lead Application Developer must possess a strong understanding of .Net Web and SQL development using the Microsoft Suite of products. The ideal team member will partner with customers and business owners in creating scalable solutions to accomplish the goals of the team including the vision of DevOps. In addition to strong technical skills, the Lead Application Developer will utilize strong leadership skills in guiding other developers through successful project completions. Finally, the Lead Application Developer must possess a collaborative attitude, strong oral/written presentation skills, excellent problem-solving skills, and solid analytical/critical thinking skills.
- This position functions as a technical development lead inside the Application Development Team to ensure Custom Application Development projects are delivered consistently and meet business needs of the organization
- Position is 50% development and 50% technical administration
- Works closely with the Application Development Team management to align development work
- Works with development teams to identify process improvements through DevOps tools and building & maintaining Build and Release pipelines to effectively deliver code changes
- Continuously collaborates with Application Development Team management to identify areas of improvement in team efficiency and effectiveness as well as team technical growth
- Provide Incident Response as needed for Custom Applications. Will be responsible to improve Incident Response with IT Operations and Business as needed to propose & implement fixes for repeated problems.
- Monitors team member work item progress across various application development projects
- Prepares process and procedure documentation as required
- Work with the Project Management Office, Business Subject Matter Experts, and counterparts in Information Technology to drive development projects and change delivery
- Review, analyze, and evaluate the scope of the business problems presented and help identify viable technical solutions
- Develop .NET web and SQL solutions with the Microsoft Suite of products
- Regularly maintain Service Now CMDB and Knowledge Base as needed
- Create detailed technical specifications, change, and release documentation for assigned development projects
- Multi-task across several ongoing projects and daily duties of varying priorities as required
- Provide input into each phase of the systems development life cycle as required
- Ensure adherence to published development standards resulting in consistent and efficient implementation of solution components
- Ability to make good judgments, decisions, negotiate and problem solve
The duties listed above are the essential functions, or fundamental duties within the job classification. The essential functions of individual positions within the classification may differ. Texas Capital Bank may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees consistent with standard departmental policy.
- 8+ years of development experience on a Microsoft .NET Stack required
- 2+ years of experience leading a development team through the SDLC process required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS related area strongly preferred
- Knowledge of different software delivery methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall) required
- Proven project team leadership experience including maintaining system backlogs, leading/mentoring team members, and reporting status effectively to management required
- Proven ability to be a liaison between business and technical teams required
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Object Oriented (OO) Principles and Design Patterns (S.O.L.I.D.) required
- Good understanding of UI Frameworks (Bootstrap) Preferred
- Good understanding of designing and developing WCF and RESTful web services in a Service Oriented Architecture Required
- Good understand of Package Management (Nuget, npm) Strongly Preferred
- Experience with developing and Deploying SQL Server Databases via SQL Server Data Tools Required
- Experience with Entity Framework Strongly Preferred
- Experience with TFS / Azure DevOps (fka VSTS) or Jenkins utilizing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI / CD) with the Azure platform or SQL Server products strongly preferred
- Experience with Git source control required
- Experience with PowerShell strongly preferred
- Experience with ITIL V3 and Service Now preferred
- Willingness to work on legacy systems for extended periods of time as needed required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment, meet deadlines, demonstrate good time management, and multi-task in a fast-paced project environment
- Banking and/or financial services experience desired, but not required
- Proven development knowledge and ability with both relational and dimensional data models required
- Detailed-oriented with a proven history as a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Outstanding organizational and effective time management skills
- Ability to obtain, analyze and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills