Data Engineer - CIMD Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will be part of the technology function for Marcus, focusing on building a business intelligence architecture that enables the business to operate efficiently
• You should be able to quickly build visualizations on top of AWS / Hadoop / Sybase data to meet business needs, as well as be the thought leader to influence functional heads on new and innovate ways to visualize data that will help drive business value
• You will help design data architecture to enhance existing pipelines as well as build feeds for new data sources
• You will participate in data architecture decisions and partner with technology teams to implement data products in production systems.
• You will work closely with business partners and technology leaders to evaluate new BI tools that can further enhance the business' ability to analyze data
• You should be able to commercialize data products and influence leadership on the value of these products QUALIFICATIONS
• Advanced degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines
• Hands-on experience with the Hadoop or Spark big data platform and one or more mainstream programming languages (Python, Java, C, Scala, C++, etc.)
• Experience in building data products from ideation to implementation
• At least 2 years experience in a visualization tool such as Tableau or QlikView
• At least 3 years experience dealing with data (structured or unstructured)
• Ability to explain data analysis to drive business ideas
• Strong project management skills
• Experience working in a start-up business or a new business line within a larger organization is preferred ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity