At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
The Deposit Services Advisor is responsible for assisting the Fair and Responsible Banking Officer maintain the Bank’s Deposit Compliance Program (covering Reg CC, Reg D, FDIC, Reg E, Reg DD and E-Sign) which meets regulatory requirements, working with business units to reasonably ensure they are compliant with deposit related laws and regulations, conduct and oversee risk assessments to identify and address deficiencies, and report to management on the status compliance risks related to Deposit products, services and initiatives.Responsibilities
• Promote a culture of Deposit Compliance throughout the Bank
• Work with the Fair and Responsible Banking Officer to provide updates to Executive Management on implementation of the Bank’s strategic plan covering Deposit Products and Services.
• Establish and maintain Deposit Compliance Program documentation
• Build strong partnerships across the organization and provide advice on all matters regarding Deposit compliance
• Conduct periodic Deposit Products and Services self-assessments
• Conduct Deposit risk assessments and use the results to identify control gaps and training opportunities
• Collaborate with Business Units to facilitate effective 1LOD and 2LOD interaction model and track and implement any corrective action or control enhancements recommended as a result of risk assessments and testing and monitoring
• Prepare reports for management and Board committees
• Stay current on the regulatory environment and expectations through discussions with peers, seminars, webinars, roundtables, bankers’ associations, etc.
• Serve as the point person for any Deposits related internal audits and regulatory exams
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business preferred; or equivalent years of experience required
• Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager Certification (CRCM) preferred
• 4+ years of experience in a financial institution required
• 2+ years of managerial experience in a financial institution setting preferred
• 3+ years of experience in Reg CC, Reg DD, Reg D, Reg E, E-Sign and FDIC required
• 2+ years of experience in conducting compliance risk assessments required
• Experience working with federal regulatory agencies during the exam process including the OCC, Federal Reserve, FDIC and/or CFPB required
• Knowledge of consumer protection laws and regulations impacting financial institutions required
• Advanced PC system skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other reporting systems preferred
• Proven ability to partner effectively across all levels of the organization and develop positive working relationships
• Able to manage and execute multiple complex projects within required timelines
• Demonstrate conceptual thinking and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently in a continuously changing environment