Audit Project Lead
At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News.
The Senior Internal Auditor will assist Internal Audit Department management in the implementation and execution of a risk-based audit process. The role will perform such tasks as: consulting with management regarding risk and controls; coordinating audits and projects, preparing reports and briefings while ensuring high standards are maintained related to work papers and other documentation.
- Assist in the development and completion of a comprehensive risk based, Internal Audit plan, including SOX testing, and ensuring that all activities conform to established Internal Audit Department policies and procedures
- Conduct and/or supervise multiple audit engagements across the Bank in accordance with departmental standards.
- Serve as lead auditor on specific assignments, special projects, fraud investigations, etc. as needed, while directing the activity of audit team members and/or third-party providers on the engagements.
- Develop and use programs and analyses that assist in the audit and monitoring processes
- Assist the organization in the monitoring and assessment of various areas of risk, which could include credit, liquidity, interest rate, price and/or capital management, wealth management and investment banking, compliance, and mortgage finance.
- Prepare, review, and present audit results with all levels of management
- Prepare and execute specific audit programs, procedures, and tasks to provide assurance on the adequacy of governance, risk management, control and compliance processes of the Bank
- Work with managers of various business units to coordinate responses and develop action plans, as necessary, to respond to deficiencies and/or recommendations noted from internal audit, external auditors, and regulators
- Ensure the quality of all internal audit work complies with Internal Audit Department Charter, established policies and procedures, and professional standards
- Through continuous education, maintain and improve knowledge of corporate governance, risk management, internal controls, compliance and internal audit processes
- Assist Internal Audit management with departmental initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
- Advanced degree in related field highly desirable
- 10+ years of Internal Audit, public accounting, regulatory experience specific to banking preferred
- Strong experience in auditing banking or regulatory compliance with excellent knowledge of consumer and other banking regulations, legal and related risks.
- Strong understanding of risks within financial services and related risk management processes for areas such as credit, liquidity, interest rate, price and/or capital management, wealth management and investment banking, compliance, and mortgage finance.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) processes such as internal control documentation, walkthroughs, testing and reporting preferred
- Holds or is actively pursuing professional certification(s) such as CPA, CIA, CISA and/or advanced degrees preferred
- Experience with audit analytics tools (i.e. ACL, IDEA) and visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Power BI) preferred
- Understanding of commonly used International Professional Practices Frameworks (COSO and PCAOB), risks within financial services and related risk management processes preferred
- Superior communication (verbal and written), negotiation and presentation skills required
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and project management required