.NET Development Manager - Mortgage Technology Plano, TX/en-US/BKC/job/Plano-TX/XMLNAME-NET-Development-Manager---Mortgage-Technology_21-156/apply Position:
.NET Development Manager - Mortgage Technology Job Description:
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
LOCATION: This position is open to sit in any of our below offices:
- Dallas (Plano), TX
- Milwakee (Mequon), WI
- Appleton, WI
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Manages and leads a .NET software engineering team responsible for the design, development and implementation of a secondary market mortgage trading application following the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC). Defines and manages resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, performs code reviews, and ensures 'best practice' development techniques. Works closely with client departments in development and implementation of Black Knight's mortgage trading tool having impact on improving the business.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the full-stack design and development of .NET Mortgage trading software web applications
- Manage full software development lifecycle including testing, implementation, and auditing.
- Perform code reviews.
- Determine user story estimation and application configuration.
- Resolve critical issues and contribute to the Secondary Market research development.
- Manage the work efforts of development team with responsibility for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews.
- Identifies and allocates technical resources (e.g., programmers, business analysts) to client projects within Development.
- Forecasts resource needs based on an analysis of both portfolio and projected client spend.
- Maximizes both utilization and profitability of assigned team of resources' billable time.
- Ensures base applications meet appropriate quality standards.
- Adheres to the departmental application development and client delivery process standards.
- Provides input on product direction to product managers.
- Coordinates with industry compliance consultants and product managers to verify applications meet regulatory compliance.
- Ensures the proper application of technology.
- Ensures base applications meet appropriate quality standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in computer science preferred or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with server side frameworks such as.Net Framework, .Net Core and / or ASP.Net
- Understanding of PaaS, SaaS, and cloud technologies such as Azure desired
- Industry experience Mortgage, Financial Services or FinTech experience highly desired
- Domain expertise in hedging, risk and loan trading a plus
- Experience working in an Agile SDLC desired
- Skill in project management, organization, communications, analytical and people skills
- Skill in leading, supervising and managing effectively under pressure
- Ability to be comfortable interacting with executive level clients
- Ability to analyze client's business needs and determine related information services support
- Ability to maintain positive working relationship with client
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities, and problem areas
- Ability to delegate projects to qualified subordinates as appropriate
- Ability to lead, direct and manage effectively
- Ability to operate independently
- Ability to exhibit solid decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Middle-level management role. Works under general direction of middle or Senior-level management. Manages and mentors a team of Programmer/Analysts. Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates. Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. In some instances, this manager may have subordinate supervisors. Typically requires eight (8) or more years of experience in Software Development and four (4) or more years of management or supervisory or lead role experience.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knights commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day. Location:
Plano, TX Time Type:
Full timePosted 12 Days AgoFull time21-156 The Industrys Leading Provider of Technology, and Data and Analytics Solutions
Black Knight is a mortgage and finance industries leading provider of integrated technology, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the entire loan lifecycle. Black Knight is the provider lenders and servicers rely on to support their strategic goals and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class technology, services and insight with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership.
Black Knight's offerings include:
- Leading origination, servicing and default technologies for lenders and servicers
- Data and analytics solutions to help improve performance, reduce risk, identify opportunities and make more informed decisions
- Information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the loan lifecycle, including workflow solutions, invoice management technology, business intelligence and mobile applications
- Consulting services to help develop strategies that will drive transformative change aimed at improving organizational efficiency, reducing overall costs and increasing customer service and competitiveness