Software Engineer, Associate (RESTful Web Services with Spring and Java)
About the role:
In Securities Services, we have embarked on a strategic program to build our revenue management platform from the ground up. The revenue management team is a cross-disciplinary global team consisting of project leads, business analysts and software developers.
This cross-disciplinary team designs/implements green-field projects that contribute to implementation of our revenue management platform. The team collaborates closely with product development, operations and other technology teams to implement solutions for various potentially revenue generating initiatives.
As a software developer, you will be contributing directly to the success of revenue management platform. Responsibilities:
• Participate in the full software development life cycle of analysis, design, testing and implementation of various projects
• Come up with scalable and efficient designs
• Develop RESTful Web Services with Spring and Java technologies
• Write clean and testable code
• Build reusable code for future use.
• Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders on requirements and implementation details. Skills and Qualifications:
• Strong proficiency in Java8+ and SpringBoot and other Spring modules like Spring MVC, Spring Integration with 2+ years hands on development
• Strong experience writing RESTful web services in Java
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT and SVN
• Good knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Experience with persistence technologies such as SQL platforms
• Experience with modern agile software delivery practices such as scrum, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), TDD, and BDD, DevOps, and automation
• Hands-on experience with any cloud platform or container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
• Hands-on experience in Unix
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.