Data Engineer / Ingénieur (H/F)
AI & Analytics Data Engineer -Associate Responsibilities
Integrate high-volume, high-variation, and/or high-velocity data to produce answers and enable clients to ask an entirely new class of questions.
\t Basic Qualifications
- Deliver data pipelines to store data in a way that is accessible, performant, secure, and sustainable \t
- Prototype solutions, prepare test scripts, and conduct tests for data replication, extraction, loading, cleansing, and data modeling for data warehouses \t
- Review and validate data loaded into data lakes/warehouses for accuracy \t
- Develop proofs of concept and evaluate design options to deliver ingestion, search, metadata cataloging and scheduling of data pipelines \t
- Data engineering in line with best practices and Cognizant's reference architecture \t
- Understand and document technical use case requirements in order to deliver data movement and transformation solutions
\t Distinguishing Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in IT-related field and 0-3 years of IT experience \t
- Strong business communication skills (including written and oral) \t
- Experience with Java development for modern data engineering \t
- Strong background in relational data models \t
- Exposure in ETL tools & RDBMS \t
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Full life cycle development experience \t
- Implementation experience within the Hadoop ecosystem \t
- Industry experience (financial services, insurance, retail, healthcare, life sciences, communications) \t
- Experience in developing and deploying distributed computing Big Data applications using Open Source frameworks such as Apache Spark \t
- Working knowledge of application development using Hadoop components (HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, etc.) \t
- Exposure to data analytics and data mining tools/applications such as Tableau, QlikSense /QlikView, R or SAS \t
- Exposure to working with SQL, Relational Database Management Systems (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle) \t
- Development workflows (e.g., Microsoft VSTS) \t
- Experience leading teams
Applicants must be willing to relocate - our business model requires our consultants to be as close to the client site as possible. Cognizant will provide relocation assistance.
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "Green Card") for this role.Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Apr 27 2021
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.