At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As an Instructional Design & Customer Education Specialist, you will create learning experiences across several modalities that prepare clients to utilize our platform and tools: instructor-led, virtual, online, video, etc. Youll perform analysis to determine the requirements, specifications, and objectives of stakeholders. The goal is to create materials, guides, courses, and other assets that will assist learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies effectively and in an engaging, customer-centered way.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working with thoughtful business partners to drive our company mission and values, alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
· Collaborate with key business partners to review and identify learning and performance needs, and conduct content and learner analysis to translate opportunities into learning and skill building solutions.
· Design and develop end-to-end learning solutions based on analysis and conduct content/material review sessions with internal groups as needed. Adapt instructional materials for multiple formats.
· Determine the criteria used to judge learners performance and develop assessment instruments. Maintain project documentation and course folders.
· Create comprehensive assessment methods and content to measure learning results.
· Simultaneously manage multiple projects of varying scope and complexity to ensure project timelines, learning objectives, and budgets are met. Ensure high quality and on-time deliverables to maximize the learner experience with Fannie Mae content. Facilitate/lead meetings and training as needed.
· Maintain training content for existing programs to ensure it meets the on-going learning needs. Continuously work to improve training content and processes. Recommend changes to existing courses, including technology or instructional methods, to better adhere for delivery options.
· Serve as internal advisor/consultant in troubleshooting to help resolve learning challenges. Collaborate with business leadership and others to plan, develop, facilitate and monitor effectiveness of training. Remain informed of trends in workplace learning, design & development, learning tools and processes.
· Researches and develops policies, work processes and procedures as necessary as it relates to the customer education team for continuous improvement.
· Some travel may be required to support business unit meetings and/or training and events.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
· Bachelors degree or equivalent - preferred area of study in instructional design, adult learning, educational technology, or business.
· 6 8 years of related experience
· Masters degree preferred. Area of study in instructional design, adult learning, educational technology, Business/Communications.
· Exhibits solid career progression in the field of instructional design, and experience delivering learning solutions to large organizations. Working knowledge of marketing, financial services and/or real estate industries are a plus.
· Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technologies.
· Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
· Demonstrated proficiency with eLearning development tools such as Articulate 360; Articulate Storyline; Adobe Captivate; Vyond or Lectora.
· Video/audio editing software experience.
· Ability to identify and develop creative, educational materials across various modalities to deliver a world-class, interactive customer learning experience.
· Proven ability to manage individual workload with minimal oversight, multiple stakeholders and shifting business priorities.
· Comfortable working across new domains to assess development needs and proven success navigating ambiguity with a self-starter attitude.
· Ability to create realistic objectives, engaging learning activities, and compelling course content to enhance knowledge retention, transfer and adoption.
· Exceptional written, verbal, critical thinking, problem solving, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Visual design skills (PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard.
· Be prepared to provide work samples to be requested for consideration.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at .
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.