Non-Producing Branch Manager POSITION SUMMARY:
The primary focus of the role is to drive revenue, increase profit before taxes, and manage risk within their branch. Job functions also include maintaining a superior and consistent level of client service, developing cohesive teams, providing consistent leadership, and assuming accountability for the Branchs results. In addition, a large emphasis will be placed on the recruitment and retention of Financial Advisors. Non-producing Branch Managers must be responsible for fiscal management, personnel management and morale, business ethics and practices, and compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations. The Non-Producing Branch Manager will report into the Complex Manager. DUT I E S and RESPONSIBILITIES: P r oduct/Business Knowledge:
· Has a thorough understanding of the Firms products and those of its strategic partners; uses this knowledge to provide resources and direction in order to drive sales. · Knows where the resources are; able to direct the sales force to the right resources in an efficient manner as to make the sales process more efficient. · Effectively applies product/business knowledge to recruiting efforts; able to translate competitor offerings into Morgan Stanley Wealth Management products, and understand and explain how a recruit will be able to continue to help meet their clients needs. Sales/Marketing:
· Seeks opportunities to grow business and drive sales by capitalizing on firm initiatives; focuses on building strong relationships with corporate departments and strategic partners to achieve the marketing efforts of the Branch. · Drives corporate marketing initiatives to help increase market share in High Net Worth households. T e am Building:
· Builds effective teams by constantly communicating relevant information on a timely basis and conducting regular meetings. · Participates in Region and Complex initiatives, including sales, hiring, recruitment, diversity, and community outreach. · Responsible for growing their branch through hiring, lateral recruiting and training. L e adership:
· Leads by example by ensuring that the Branch Managers office is consistently achieving the objectives of the US Wealth Management Group, maintains a positive morale, has a strong track record of growth, has ethical business practices, and demonstrates a commitment to diversity and respect for others. · Leads proactively by identifying trends, potential areas of growth and weakness and addressing these areas in order to positively position the Region within the geographic market. · Leads Branch efforts of Sales and results. · Identifies key talent in the Branch, positions and develops that talent, and encourages those individuals to participate in the leadership of the Branch and Region. · Leverages the resources of the Firm to achieve the highest level of success. · Acts as a coach and mentor for Financial Advisors in order to drive results. A cc o unt a b ili t y :
· Accountable for the Branchs sales performance and financial performance. · Responsible for regulatory, legal and compliance issues including: Risk management for the Branch in regards to monitoring sales, human resources, and legal and regulatory practices. · Responsible for establishing a core compliance model in offices under supervision. · Responsible for following supervisory procedures as outlined in the Branch Managers Supervisory Manual · Responsible for executing the Annual Supervisory Plan.
· Responsible for effectively communicating the status of performance and issues to the Complex Manager Education and/or Experience
· 5 or more years of related experience and/or training including demonstrated success managing a substantial branch office or equivalent. L icenses and Registrations
· Active Series 7, 8 (or 9 and 10), 66 (or 63 and 65) and 3 registrations (Series 31 acceptable if branch conducts managed futures business o nly
) · Other licenses as required for role or by management S k ill s
· Effective written and verbal communication skills · Ability to think critically · Ability to manage a team · Strong attention to detail · Ability to interact with senior management team, Financial Advisors, support staff, clients and corporate and field personnel as needed · Ability to own projects at a Branch level · Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, and complete projects Re ports to:
· Direct: Complex Manager D irect Reports:
· Financial Advisors, Branch Support Staff, and in some circumstances Resident Manager and/or Producing Branch Managers. · This list is meant to be directional and should not be considered complete, as it may be supplemented on an as needed basis.
*All candidates should verify that they meet the minimum eligibility requirements prior to applying.
Morgan Stanley EOE committed to diversifying its workforce. M/F/D/V. Primary Location:
Americas-United States of America-Texas-Plano Work Locations: Job:
Wealth Management Organization:
Morgan Stanley Job Posting:
Jul 28, 2020