Backend (Java) Developer
As an Application Developer, the candidate will be required to provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. The role will involve working with business users located in different location as well as other Technology team members. The role will include the following major functions/responsibilities:
- Provide solution for new major programs which uses cutting edge technologies for Document Management, Workflow management and notifications etc.
- Provide solution for Technology upgrade and Application migrations
- Design, implement, test and maintain major server-side components and web applications.
- Implement back-end components of an n-tier application, including data model, data access objects, and application logic.
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow and understand and comply with architectural standards in all phases.
- Document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/enhance software application modules
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues
- Research and prototype new technologies as appropriate.
- Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Familiar with Cloud watch, Elastic IP's and managing security groups for EC2 Servers.
- Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools.
- Hands on experience in Apache Camel
- Advanced knowledge of JMS
- Hands on experience in Micro Service and Docker
- Knowledge in Angular 4/5 or React JS
- Experience with open source frameworks: Open source frameworks, e.g., Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with ANT, Maven build/deployment process.
- Strong experience in PL/SQL, including triggers, stored procedures, queries, etc.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Strong technical, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Experience with system, application, and process documentation including tools such as MS-Visio, etc.
- Experience with SVN Source Code management techniques/ tools for software management, Knowledge SDLC tools (JIRA).
- Experience with working on Agile/Scrum method of product implementation and delivery.
- Experience with implementing workflow applications and rules engine is a plus.