Internship Program (Spring)
Carr, Riggs and Ingram, LLC offers paid internships to college seniors, as well as graduate students who are interested in a career in accounting. Internships for Spring 2021
will be Tax
focused and will and require at least a 15 hour per week commitment. Intern applications are generally encouraged when the student reaches one to two semesters away from being CPA eligible
(150 total credit hours and 30 hours of Accounting). CRI will work with accredited colleges who offer college credit for a coop or intern position; however, all tuition and fees remain the responsibility of the intern. Eligibility:
Requirements and Procedure:
- Student must be currently enrolled in an accredited college as a Senior or beyond.
- Student must have completed fifteen (15) hours of accounting courses.
- Student must have completed MGMT 342 (Individual Income Tax) course numbers may vary by school
- Student must have basic computer skills.
- Student must have a GPA of at least a 3.0
Once accepted into the program, Interns must:
- Be Subject to CRI firm policies and professional standards.
- Be classified as a temporary seasonal team member and not eligible for paid leave or benefits.
- Work part time (15 hours per week minimum) during the Spring semester.
- Hours are flexible but must be worked in at least three (3) hour blocks.
- Complete a mid-semester review and an exit interview with their supervisor.
- Internship can be renewed for part-time work during the summer or fall semester based on firm needs and intern performance.