Director of Finance, Wheel End Products
- Longview, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Dec 17 2017-12-22
Proven business leader with strong financial and business development experience. Has the capacity to create and drive a shared vision. Excellent leader that develops others and self. Possesses the ability to financially consolidate many business units into one. Very strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Leads and is responsible for the WEP finance & accounting teams. Ensures that a strong, internal control environment is maintained and used to prepare the fiscal records and WEP financial statements and analysis. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provides required financial information to the division office and others as required by the EnPro reporting calendar to meet the financial reporting needs of the company and to comply with regulatory requirements, especially compliance with the Section 404 provisions of the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002.
- Works as a partner with the VP of Finance to analyze results for various business units, giving advice and counsel on potential areas of improvement in the business based on financial results.
- Works with her/his team to actively develop new tools to assist management in making sound business decisions across the business.
- Leads initiatives related to Business Process accuracy, continuous improvement and effectiveness to achieve financial objective of the business unit. Insures that processes yield accurate inventory maintenance transactions, physical inventories and/or cycle counts, analyzes variances and continuously improves all related systems and processes.
- Coordinates month-end and year-end closings. Sanity checks and insures numbers are sound and reasonable. Creates and analyzes reports of financial and non-financial measurements in conjunction with all levels of management to detect trends, provide monthly forecasts. Works with WEP management on financial results and observations of same. Makes recommendations to correct unfavorable trends to the leadership team.
- Ensures we have appropriate accounting policies, processes, systems, tools, infrastructure and sufficient internal controls to meet the financial reporting and operational support needs of the company and to comply with regulatory requirements. Continually improves business processes within functional area (i.e. month-end close, AR, AP, etc)
- Leads WEP finance function; sets goals and plans for these teams and secures resources necessary to achieve the plans.
- Ensures Sarbanes-Oxley compliance through updating and testing WEP financial controls.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of Hyperion and various ERP packages
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google
- Ability to manage an operating budget
- Normal office environment with no undue exposure to noise, odors, dust, drafts, etc
- Possible repetitive keyboard work
- Sustained visual concentration on monitors, screens or worksheets
- Limited overnight travel required