Merchant Services is the global payment acceptance and merchant acquiring business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud management and data security solutions, capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies. The company’s proprietary platforms provide integrated
Merchant Services is the global payment acceptance and merchant acquiring business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud management and data security solutions, capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies. The company’s proprietary platforms provide integrated commerce solutions for all major credit and debit card payments as well as mobile payments. Merchant Services has uniquely combined proven payment technology with a long legacy of merchant advocacy that creates quantifiable value for ecommerce companies.
The Data Steward Specialist is responsible for gathering and documenting metadata for data elements related to critical business operation processes, data quality and reporting. Certified data will be used for remediation, external board reporting, as well as policy and process implementations.
The Data Steward Specialist will help improve data quality and consistency and support program data certification requirements by analyzing process controls and root cause, coordinating activities to support problem resolution, and developing metrics to support processes, as needed.
Data Stewards are guardians and decision makers for specific data elements related to metadata and data quality. Data Stewards are responsible for understanding metadata, usage, standards and quality for specific data elements. Data Management also controls access to data based on the understanding of the data, setting parameters known as Protection Groups that grant differing levels of access to critical data such as personal, account, authenticators, and privacy data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- 5 years of related work experience (e.g. data management, data warehousing, data analytics)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a major financial services organization, with experience in management and oversight
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in any of the following disciplines. Data usage, Data Quality, Process Analysis, Process Improvement, Business Intelligence and Analytical tools, Technology Development/Support
- Experience working with the data systems supporting the wholesale payments business, including experience writing queries and analyzing related queries
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to understand business and technical functions, process information quickly and assess impacts to data elements