Software Engineering Manager
Manager, Software Engineering San Antonio, Texas/en-US/EXT/job/San-Antonio-Texas/Manager--Software-Engineering_R-10149730-1/apply
Manager, Software Engineering
Manager, Software Engineering
Primary Location Only: San Antonio, TX
What does an exceptional Manager, Software Engineering do?
We're looking for a Software Leader to join our development organization. As a manager on this team, you will be responsible for hiring and managing a high-performance team of software engineers, leading the design, development, and execution of software development initiatives in an Agile environment. This is an incredible opportunity to help define the future and culture of the software development team. The ideal candidate possesses a good blend of business and technical aptitude and has a strong need to build and transform technical teams.
- Leads a team of software developers and provide day-to-day guidance on development activities.
- Creates and drive the software development planning, scheduling, and execution of development activities to meet business goals and objective
- Drives all aspects of the Agile development process, from sprint planning to daily scrum meetings, sprint demos, and team retrospectives.
- Collaborates with other technical leaders to build, evolve, and maintain a scalable continuous build and deployment pipeline using mature CI/CD automation practices
- Implements an effective system of project governance and metric-based reporting.
- Defines and enforce development best practices, including unit tests, code reviews, functional and non-functional testing.
- Promotes and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Is current with industry development and test automation techniques, tools and best practices.
- Participates in design and architecture reviews.
- Leads and promote ideas to maintain a continuous improvement culture within the development organization.
- Access and communicate risks based on product complexity, resource and/or timeline constraints.
- Maintains relationships with internal & external partners during the implementation process to ensure that any critical issues are promptly addressed.
- Mentors technical staff during projects to ensure continuous improvement.
- Develops and establishes department standards and procedures, recommending efficient ways to ensure the best implementation practices of new or upgraded products.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, staff development, performance appraisals, corrective action and pay review of technical personnel.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelors Degree with 8 years of experience in Software Development or applicable Information Technology field.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional IT people leadership experience.
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in software development languages in Java and/or Python.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Selenium, Docker, OpenShift, Jenkins, Git, and API and UI development.
- Experience in software architecture, design, development, networking, virtualized platforms (cloud), and distributed systems (SOA & Microservices).
- 1+ year or exposure to administering & consuming AWS services or other cloud service providers such as OpenStack, AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Experience with Linux, such as RedHat or Ubuntu, and Windows
- Advance knowledge of Continuous Integrations and delivery concepts, experience with Git, CVS, Jenkins, Gerrit, or Kubernetes.
- Experience coaching and leading the Agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication, with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Experience creating architecture and roadmaps for enabling digital transformation within a business.
- Hands on experience with technology planning and road mapping.
- Containerization experience with applications deployed on Docker with Kubernetes.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure support in mixed Linux and Windows environments,
- Experience in Financial Services with a focus on enterprise architecture.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 5%
Who we are:
Fiserv has been a trusted name in financial services technology for more than 35 years. Were leading the digital transformation of financial services, helping financial institutions, billers and consumers move and manage money securely, expertly and with ease through our creative solutions and deep expertise. For the sixth consecutive year, and the eighth time in the last 10 years, Fiserv has been named one of the FORTUNE Magazine "Worlds Most Admired Companies®." Were looking for the best and the brightest to join our global team of experts, so if youre seeking an environment where leadership, teamwork and innovation are valued, and career development is meaningful to you, youre in the right place. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Companys policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
Posted 6 Days AgoFull timeR-10149730
There's a reason why Fiserv is the global leader in information management and electronic commerce systems for the financial services industry. It's our people. If you are a talented professional who gets excited by the challenge of helping Fiserv lead the transformation of financial services technology for our clients' benefit, we encourage you to explore career opportunities with Fiserv, where turning possibilities into realities is the norm.