Sr Cloud Architect US TX - San Antonio/en-US/Argo/job/US-TX---San-Antonio/Sr-Cloud-Architect_R0002364/apply
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within our Data Team, we are looking for a Senior Cloud Architect.
The Senior Cloud Architect will play a strategic role by designing and managing cloud computing architectures in Argo using cutting edge cloud technologies that provide high security, scalability, performance, availability and agility, while keeping the infrastructure costs optimized. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud
computing and network connectivity.
The role will report to the Lead Platform Architect and working in our exciting downtown San Antonio, TX office. This position will be key in identifying top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet strategic needs of the company.
The focus of this position is to work closely with the broader data team and business to gain in-depth understanding of the Enterprise Data Management platform cloud infrastructure needs. This individual will be key in analyzing best options to expand the cloud infrastructure while continuously working with vendors to keep the existing resources optimized both from a technical and cost point of views.
What does a Senior Cloud Architects workday look like?
- Provide architecture expertise on using modern cloud computing platforms to accelerate building & running Argo applications in the cloud
- Communicate infrastructure solution tradeoffs to business partners to frame and influence project decisions
- Regularly evaluate cloud assets in use and look for improvement opportunities
- Communicate proposed improvements benefits to management team
- Hands on engineering, configuration, and of highly available infrastructure
- Design and maintain the security for cloud environments
- Close access holes, report major security events, and implement remediation to prevent similar attacks
- Establish best practices for cloud across the company
- Drive the adoption of architecture standards, patterns and polices
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security, compliance controls, and conformance to Argo IT security standards
- Partner with Argo global Infrastructure services vendor to define an Operating Model for the Cloud
- Collaborate to cultural change for cloud adoption
- Organize complex problems into simple solutions and precise technical requirements
- Directly support the use and delivery of cloud services in the organization
What is required for the position?
- Ability to work with Business and IT Leadership
- Ability to prioritize project deliverables
- Strong Client Relationship and Team building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to properly present effective materials, including presentations, status reporting, technical diagrams and flowcharts to management and other IT development partners
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently to support deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
- Ability to follow and adhere to policies, procedures and standards relating to network and systems management
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field
- 5+ years' experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends
- Experience with AWS and Azure cloud platforms
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments
- Solid architecture & design experience in using virtualization technologies
- Good understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS
- Knowledge with modern service hosting, security, and risk management concerns such as IAM, access control, monitoring, IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, and containers
- Active Directory (configuration and analysis)
- Basic understanding of SQL queries
- Established experience with automated, elastic scaling of cloud services, automated deployment and remediation
- Role Based Access Control
- Experience working on/with micro services architectures, web services, ReST APIs, API Gateways, relational and NoSQL stores and loosely coupled messaging
- Scripting - Python/PowerShell/bash
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting and configuration management
- Experience working in an agile continuous delivery workflow & team
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization. Argo Group offers competitive pay and benefits that protect and enhance the lives of employees and their eligible dependents by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, savings and investment opportunities, adoption assistance, education assistance, and matching gifts for education and charitable causes, just to name a few.
Come join the World Class Leader in Global Specialty Insurance and build your career here! And dont forget to tell your friends, we have a fantastic Employee Referral Program too!
- PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position
- To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted 3 Days AgoFull timeR0002364
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.