Security Analyst II US TX - San Antonio/en-US/Argo/job/US-TX---San-Antonio/Security-Analyst-II_R0002477/apply
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long term success so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within our Information Security Team, we are looking for a Security Analyst II.
The Security Analyst II is accountable to the Argo Group, Director of Architecture & Engineering and responsible for identification of security exposures and threats to the computing infrastructure and for information security related analysis, which includes but not limited to the development, deployment, and embedding of information security operations, architecture, threats, vulnerabilities and policies and standards. The Security Analyst II assists in development, deployment, implementation, and tactical support relating information security processes and procedures. The Security Analyst II:
- Is responsible for supporting the creation and maintenance of an effective security architecture for the corporation that maps to business requirements. An effective security architecture consists of various components that support key IT infrastructure and processes.
- Works on security operations and technology projects that have tactical and operational impact to all business segments across Argo Group enterprise. Applies design theories and principles in researching, designing, and developing and maintaining security methodologies of the company
- Must be able to provide policy and technical advice to the internal customers to ensure that new initiatives conform to the corporation's current security architecture. These efforts typically result in the development of formal Security Requirements Documents or other deliverables according to business needs.
- Works with other business units within Argo to facilitate communications and operations awareness of daily changes to the security landscape.
- Maintaining reliable, up-to-date, information across the industry regarding information security operations including new and existing threats, vulnerabilities, policies and standards, and incorporates those facts and findings into actionable deliverables.
What does a Security Analyst workday look like?
- Works with IT leadership and other business leaders to provide integrated security planning and recommendations for innovative technologies that will enhance the current security posture of the organization system protection.
- Keep up to date with emerging security threats and conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security improvement and operational efficiency.
- Performs reporting, investigation, and resolution of data security incidents.
- Applies design theories and principles in researching, designing, and developing and maintaining security architectures of the company.
- Responsible for managing security risk and to ensuring business alignment, effective security governance, operational efficiency and performance monitoring and measurement.
Whats required for the position:
- Responsible for effective information security analytical processes and procedures that integrate with the Information Technology organizations such as availability, network communications, systems support, etc.
- Technical skills in patch and vulnerability assessment, analytical theory, networking, operating systems, incident response methodology and ability to write management level summaries is desired.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Cloud Security Experience - A person in this position must understand the concepts of cloud security architectures and controls and capable of recommending best practices aligned with business initiatives.
- Risk Management Experience - A person in this position must understand the concepts of organizational risk management and be capable of supporting a formal enterprise risk management process focused on security.
- Security Controls - Understanding of end point security solutions, firewalls, data encryption strategies, IPS, and DLP.
- Application Security - A person in this position should have experience performing application security assessments and changing architectures, e.g., microservices.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Provide reports to management on the information security risk posture and effectiveness of security controls.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience. A degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Protection, Computer/Data Systems Management, Information Technology or a related field or discipline is preferred. A degree in Computer Science, Information Security or Information Assurance preferred. A person in this position requires strong technical skills in networking, operating systems, and programming.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of combined experience in information security, information technology and related services and management.
- It is generally desirable for a person in this position to possess technical certifications such as GSEC, Security+, Network+, or other related industry certifications, and ability to maintain those certifications.
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
If you have these preferred skills, that is even better:
- Certifications: CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CySA+, SANS GSEC
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization. Argo Group offers competitive pay and benefits that protect and enhance the lives of employees and their eligible dependents by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, savings and investment opportunities, adoption assistance, education assistance, and matching gifts for education and charitable causes, just to name a few.
Come join the World Class Leader in Global Specialty Insurance and build your career here! And dont forget to tell your friends, we have a fantastic Employee Referral Program too!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR0002477
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.