- Soilworks Natural Capital
- San Antonio, TX, USA
San Antonio | TX. Soilworks is located in downtown San Antonio and remote work is not an option at this time. Only local candidates or those open to relocation will be considered. About us:
We are on a mission to power the Regenerative Agriculture Revolution. Soilworks Natural Capital invests in, incubates, and acquires companies to help accelerate regenerative farming practices as well as drive consumer awareness and demand for regenerative products. Soilworks Principles:
- Better and healthier food
- Restore plant and animal diversity
- Regenerate soil to store water and carbon
- More profitable family farms
Soilworks was launched by the co-founders of Scaleworks, a technology venture equity fund based in San Antonio, TX. Their passion for the regenerative movement developed while building software companies using common-sense business principles. Soilworks is their mission-oriented effort to bring common-sense disruption to the food system the most important market in the world. Position
Were seeking a creative and talented marketer who shares our passion for the world of regenerative agriculture and disrupting the food industry. This position will own marketing for Soilworks and its portfolio companies and be responsible for identifying and telling stories that inspire and inform. If you are curious and understand the power of a brand and value creation, this is a fantastic opportunity to build and shape the marketing engine, learn directly from founders and strategic operators, and to help disrupt a $1 Trillion dollar industry. The successful candidate will be a do-er and problem solver at heart. We admire people with grit and creativity, who are curious in nature and determined to figure things out. We believe in continuous learning and value a winning attitude. Responsibilities
- Create and identify informative and engaging content, press materials, and media opportunities.
- Develop and publish content for social media, websites, email, press releases, and other distribution channels.
- Build and maintain relationships with media, press, and other influential publishers
- Partner with subject-matter experts, on execution, workflow, approvals, and publishing.
- Oversee content marketing activities related to customer and industry stories: sourcing and prioritizing story candidates, interviewing stakeholders, gathering useful information through industry research, writing, and developing content for internal education and external communication.
- Seek out customer and industry mentions for opportunities to support and engage.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with teams for new ideas and strategies.
- Develop monthly media activity reports.
- Build communication strategies for the current portfolio companies and future product launches and promotions.
- Plan and execute awareness campaigns
- Develop and manage nurturing campaigns
- Content Generation - contribute and assist in content creation
You have worked in a fast-paced environment with little structure and are comfortable pivoting between competing priorities. Ideally, you have worked in a marketing position within a high-growth company.
- 3-7 years of experience in content marketing, communications, PR, or related fields (agriculture, startup, or entrepreneurship experience preferred).
- Storyteller at heart with a passion for social media
- Enjoys developing and maintain relationships with media, press, and other influential publishers
- Passion for all aspects of content development: ideation, research, writing, editing, and collaborating with team members for publication
- Excellent communication and project management skills and a consultative approach to identifying problems and finding solutions while always advocating for our customers
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong copywriting and content creation skills
- Ability to own and execute multiple ongoing projects on a daily basis
- Ability to take initiative to develop new strategies and outside-the-box ideas
- Degree in marketing, journalism, business (or related fields) or equivalent experience
- Attention to detail and a well-developed sense of humor!
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans, including a flexible spending account option.
- Open Paid Time Off Policy (subject to management approval).
- 9 paid holidays per year as listed in our Company Handbook.
- Participation in our 401(k) savings plan.
- Company-paid Life and AD&D coverage (with the option to purchase additional coverage).
- Company-paid Short-Term Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Educational materials and expenses (subject to management approval).