Manager, Strategic Operations and Initiatives US TX - San Antonio/en-US/Argo/job/US-TX---San-Antonio/Manager--Strategic-Operations-and-Initiatives_R0002307/apply
JOB TITLE: Manager of Strategic Operations
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
REPORTS TO: President, Trident Public Risk Solutions
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to meet policyholder needs. At Argo Group, we leverage the success, discipline and expertise of our people and an understanding of our customers needs to provide a diverse portfolio of products and services. This approach helps those we insure drive down their ultimate cost through prevention and specialized claims handling. Simply stated, our products and services help keep businesses in business.
Trident Public Risk Solutions (TPRS), a member Argo Group US specializing in Public Entity risks, currently has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Manager of Strategic Operations in San Antonio, TX.
- Manage a team of strategic and business analysts
- Build a highly effective team; coach and mentor team members to support their growth and professional development
- Be a strong project delivery and stakeholder manager
- Execute projects and initiatives of varying urgency and scope
- Oversee and coordinate all IT / Systems work related to Trident Public Risk Solutions underwriting and policy issuance platforms
- Oversee and maintain the Trident Public Risk Solutions team site
- Oversee vendor relationships, as needed
- Support and facilitate annual reinsurance renewal submission process
- Coordinate, conduct and facilitate compliance and underwriting reviews, develop recommendations and action plans in coordination with underwriting leadership
- Lead and coordinate all product management and development work, including ISO updates, related to Trident Public Risk Solutions
- Manage and coordinate implementation of regulatory requirements
- Assist, coordinate and conduct periodic staff training on system and product changes
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders and shared resources to optimize efficiency and operational effectiveness
- Contributing member of the Trident Public Risk Solutions Executive Committee
- Additional assignments as required
- 7-10 years of experience in public entity underwriting
- Experience with commercial insurance operations is preferred
- Ability to manage remote teams
- Ability to effectively coach and manage through change
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, team oriented, and places high value on collaborative engagement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills..
- Detail oriented and resourceful, with strong initiative and the ability to lead an empowered team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines effectively
- Demonstrates strong client focus.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Technologically savvy; proficient in the use of MS Office, (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook); experience with Skype, Slack, Webex and other similar collaboration tools is preferred.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
What will we provide to you?
- An opportunity to be your best and work with talented and inventive professionals at a Company Forbes magazine named to its list of Americas 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies for the last two years and that A.M. Best has rated an A (Excellent) for thirteen consecutive years.
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which, by the way, got us named in Training magazine as one of the 2017 Training Top 125 Companies!
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- An Employee Referral program, that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted TodayFull timeR0002307
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.