The Financial Compliance Reporting (FCR) team is responsible for auditing and maintaining the account population to ensure accounts are in compliance with state and federal regulations. Some responsibilities of the FCR department include tax form production, statement production, confirmation production, B & C-Notices, foreign account monitoring, levies, ownership reporting, Bank Match programs, escheatment processing, and compliance mailings.
AllianceBernstein (AB) is a global investment-management firm providing industry-leading research and investment solutions through a combination of innovation, intellectual curiosity and relentless ingenuity. We offer high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional and individual investors worldwide. Our clients include some of the world's top institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail investors. Through close partnerships with our clients, we collaborate on investment strategies across regions and sectors to inspire innovative thinking and deliver superior outcomes.
We invest in our people and in the communities in which we operate, and we celebrate our diversity to showcase what makes us unique. We offer our talent the opportunity to grow professionally while working on cutting-edge ideas and outcomes in a global culture that operates as a tight-knit community.
If you're ready to innovate and grow your career, join us.
AllianceBernstein is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.Responsibilities
We are seeking a San Antonio-TX based entry-level Financial Control Analyst to join our Financial Control Department.
The Financial Compliance Reporting Associate is responsible for auditing and maintaining the shareholder account population to ensure we are in compliance with state and federal regulations. The individual is responsible for coordinating the timely processing of various regulatory requirements. These include, but are not limited to: shareholder tax forms, daily confirmations of transactions, quarterly shareholder statements, fund prospectuses and shareholder reports, levies, ownership reports for the funds, B and C notices, FAN Web / AllianceBernstein Answer support, return mail and state escheatment.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Research and apply state escheatment regulations to AB’s account population
• Perform shareholder outreach on identified escheatable accounts
• Evaluate accounts for contact resolution
• Submit escheatable assets and affiliated shareholder details to states within regulated timeframes
• Process returned mail to maintain up-to-date shareholder records, when available
• Execute IRS B-Notices, C-Notices, IRS Levies, and State Levies
• Notify the IRS of Fund opening/name changes and make updates to DST systems for AB corporate actions, such as new fund launches, closures, or name changes
• Execute tax form production (including Late Originals and Corrective Tax Forms) by compiling daily, weekly, monthly and annual audits; execute mock tax form production to validate output; and execute tax jobs in DST systems to generate and print tax forms
• Process IRS E-Filing for tax forms by processing registration maintenance to ensure the registration is in the correct format, execute tax jobs in DST systems, validate the DST E-Filing output, and upload the E-Filing to the IRS website
• Monitor audit account dividend activity
• Support other functions within the department as business needs arise based on skill and capacity
Qualifications, Experience, Education:
• 1 to 2 years mutual fund or financial services experience
• Knowledge of general escheatment practices or regulations is preferred
• Knowledge of governmental agency regulations related to the SEC and IRS regulatory practices a plus, but not required
• Exceptional oral and written communication, time management, problem framing, and follow- up skills
• Proven ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize a wide range of projects/responsibilities
• Exhibition of organizational skills and conscientiousness; establishes priorities and follows through on tasks to completion
• Strong attention to detail
• Proven ability to work with internal and external clients and vendors
• Proficient use of Microsoft office desktop package
Special Knowledge (if applicable):
• Strong knowledge of escheatment and some knowledge of mutual fund operations
• Effective task execution, both as an individual and through team collaboration
• Demonstrated capability to learn quickly
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
• Ability to identify and implement process improvement and risk mitigation opportunities
Location: San Antonio, TX, USAOptions Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration.
Software Powered by iCIMS