Senior Model Risk Analyst Irving, TX/en-US/FHLB_Careers/job/Irving-TX/Senior-Model-Risk-Analyst_REQ-67/apply
FHLB Dallas actively pursues dedicated and hardworking individuals to be a part of our professional team. Positions are offered on an as-needed basis for all departments. View our current opportunities by clicking the View Open Positions tab above.
- Independently review and validate a broad spectrum of models used by the bank and coordinate third-party model validation efforts.
- Work with other departments/parties on model risk identification and remediation. Monitor the remediation of the identified model risks
- Coordinate third-party model validation efforts and perform quality assessment for vendor validations.
- Maintain the Banks model inventory, prepare regularly the management reports related to Model Risk Management and coordinate Model Risk Management Committee meetings.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
FHLB Dallas Offers a Professional, Inclusive Culture
- Masters degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics/Econometrics, Actuarial Science /Insurance, Quantitative Finance, etc.). PhD is strongly preferred. Professional designation of CFA, FRM, FSA or ASA is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of significant experience in risk modeling and/or model validation with major financial institutions or insurance companies.
- Proficient in SAS, MATLAB, VBA, Python, C/C++, and/or other programming languages. Experience in handling large-scale dataset and ETL process is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of fixed income risk management theory and practice including term structure modeling, derivative pricing and mortgage prepayment. Experience in fixed income analytics and practical experience using portfolio valuation software, such as QRM and Polypaths, is preferred.
- Effective verbal and strong written communication skills / able to engage in concise and effective discussions with management. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office suites (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
FHL Bank Dallas employees are committed to and exemplify the following principles:
- Service to our members is first and foremost
- All business will be conducted honestly and ethically
- Each employee contributes to customer service by directly serving our members or supporting those who do
- Interaction with members should focus on building professional relationships and helping customers achieve their goals
- Cooperation and teamwork throughout and across all levels of FHLB Dallas are essential to its effectiveness
- Colleagues and members will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity
FHLB Dallas provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, marital status, ancestry, veteran status, disability, or national origin. FHLB Dallas will consider for employment all persons on an individual basis consistent with job-related criteria without regard to visible and non-visible disabilities. Equal opportunity applies to all employment practices, including recruitment, screening, hiring, compensation and training, as well as other conditions and privileges of employment.
Posted 30+ Days AgoFull timeREQ-67
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) is a part of the Federal Home Loan Bank System, created by an Act of Congress and signed into law by President Herbert Hoover on July 22, 1932, to provide capital for mortgage funding during the Great Depression.
The System has 11 banks around the United States, serving as an affordable, flexible source of funding for some 7,000 financial institutions. FHLB Dallas is one of these 11 banks.
today and stay up-to-date on our openings as they continue to become available!