U. S. Bank is seeking a Data Analytics 5 to join our organization. Successful candidate will have a combination of business knowledge, technical skills, and ability to interact across all levels of the organization. Responsible for analyzing default and servicing data for a wide range of consumer products, e.g. mortgage, auto loans, leases, etc., the Analyst will work towards providing insights into the performance and risk in the portfolio.
Responsible for working on analytics projects that gather and integrate large volumes of data, performs analysis, interprets results and develops actionable insights and recommendations for use across the company. Acquires data from multiple data sources in order to perform analysis. Identifies, analyzes and interprets trends or patterns in complex data in order to provide answers to business questions as well as provide recommendations for action.
Interprets data, applies business knowledge, and analyzes results using various techniques and tools. Presents data and analysis in a clear and concise manner allowing the audience to quickly understand the results and recommendations so they activate upon them and make data driven decisions. Collaborate with various partners to provide a holistic view of the analysis. Measures and monitors results of applied recommendations and suggest adjustments to improve performance.
Data Analyst is able to translate operational results into financial metrics, build performance models that can suggest what the economic impact of a strategy is, and document results in a high level yet comprehensive picture that can be presented to senior management.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of statistical analytics experience
- Experience in the areas of default operations, servicing, and/or risk management of mortgage or consumer loans.
- Experience in SQL/SAS for querying data and for data manipulation/transformation
- Experience in analytics, advanced analytics/statistics, predictive modeling
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to extract, collect, organize, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Ability to build what-if scenarios, financial analysis and modeling, and forecasting models
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills